Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Just had my original pre replaced with a refurbished one. The old one was lightning fast on wifi, this one is dog slow. Nothing else has changed. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Is it slow on all wifi networks?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    A little faster at work, but nothing like the old pre at either home or work. Maybe just the way this pre is?
    don't know what's up wifi. Mine is slow too, 3g seem faster.
    I had to replace my launch day Sprint Pre with refurb from Asurion. The first one wouldn't see my wi-fi router at home. Called Asurion to complain. They said check with Sprint to make sure it was set up properly. Called Sprint, they confirmed no set up problem. Called Asurion back, they sent me a replacement. Second one could see my wi-fi router, but only when I was right next to it. Same routine (call Sprint, call Asurion back). This time they sent me a new one, not a refurb (I checked the date).

Long story short -- if your refurb doesn't work as well as your original, don't settle. Be persistent. Get one that works.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    What security and channel do you have setup on a router?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    What security and channel do you have setup on a router?
    If the old one worked fine, and the new one doesn't work, it's not a configuration problem, it's a hardware problem. My experience with refurbs was exactly that. The wi-fi part was just broken. It didn't matter how my network was configured. Also, by the way, the bluetooth part was broken, too.
    use the device/quick tests with wifi turned on to see if you get any error codes. I swapped my first pre because of this and random shotoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    use the device/quick tests
    Nice tip! I never knew that was there.
    get on preware and install the patch "unthrottle download manager"

supposedly the pre has a cap on even wifi transfer speeds... I couldnt be positive but I do think my apps download alot faster over wifi now than they did before that patch.
    I have the same proplem. I do have a refurb replacement pre and I didn't replace it because of the wifi issue. Just recently I started to notice my streaming on utube over wifi is really really slow. I am I preware installer with the unthrottle patcth installd. Sprint user here