1.    #1  
    I got a Pre from a guy off craigslist. It is in very good shape. It is still under warranty and appears to have never been water damaged. The problem with it is the slider is very hard to push up. You have to use like 2 hands with good force. 2nd issue is I see 3 blotches of light coming from the top and bottom of the screen. You really only notice them on a black or darker background. I somehow missed these two things when buying the phone off the guy.

My question is though will Sprint replace this phone under warranty for a replacement Pre? Or are these issues not big enough? Just thought I would get some insight...
    In same position as you except I'm having the stupid speaker issues.
    You can always ask them... usually the warranty only extends to the original owner. But sometimes a Sprint employee will help you out... but a second hand device is hard to get replaced since their database will show that ESN having been sold and active under an original purchaser. Stop by a location or give them a call and ask... never hurts to check just in case.
    Maybe the original owner tried the oreo tape fix?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You can always ask them... usually the warranty only extends to the original owner. But sometimes a Sprint employee will help you out... but a second hand device is hard to get replaced since their database will show that ESN having been sold and active under an original purchaser. Stop by a location or give them a call and ask... never hurts to check just in case.
    I did call and ask a agent tonight at a Sprint store. He pretty much told me I dunno we will have to have our techs look at it. So I just wanted to see what type of luck other people may have had in a similar situation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    I did call and ask a agent tonight at a Sprint store. He pretty much told me I dunno we will have to have our techs look at it. So I just wanted to see what type of luck other people may have had in a similar situation...
    Just went through this, this week..... Bought a refurb off of ebay and it looked great; however did not notice until the next day that the wifi radio was sub par...... I would have to literally stand 10' from a router to get past 1 bar of coverage....

I know I had been hose, so I said what the hay.....let's go down to Sprint and see what my options are....Explained to the nice young ladies at the Sprint desk that afternoon that there was some hardware failure on this refurb......and of course they began to explain to me to contact "Asurion" and have them replace it again.....

I then let the cat out of the bag about where this phone came from and I had expained that I was giving my daughter my old one and started to lay it on a little thick about why I bought it online and one the ladies then proceeded to say "Let me see the phone" she opened it up and again checked out the manufactured date and explained that it was still under warranty and she would call down to the other store to have a replacement ordered....

Went down to the other store the next day and activated the new phone.....

Honestly didn't think it would happen.....you won't know until you try.....

Good Luck
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sekondairy View Post
    Just went through this, this week..... Bought a refurb off of ebay and it looked great; however did not notice until the next day that the wifi radio was sub par...... I would have to literally stand 10' from a router to get past 1 bar of coverage....

I know I had been hose, so I said what the hay.....let's go down to Sprint and see what my options are....Explained to the nice young ladies at the Sprint desk that afternoon that there was some hardware failure on this refurb......and of course they began to explain to me to contact "Asurion" and have them replace it again.....

I then let the cat out of the bag about where this phone came from and I had expained that I was giving my daughter my old one and started to lay it on a little thick about why I bought it online and one the ladies then proceeded to say "Let me see the phone" she opened it up and again checked out the manufactured date and explained that it was still under warranty and she would call down to the other store to have a replacement ordered....

Went down to the other store the next day and activated the new phone.....

Honestly didn't think it would happen.....you won't know until you try.....

Good Luck
    Well I took the phone in today. Dropped it off and they told me to wait like 45 min to a hour so I just took off and did a few errands. Came back and it was ready 45 min later and the slider was like new! Tech guy said some clip came loose or fell off or something of that nature. But now the thing slides like butter. I walked in expecting to have to order a refurb and I walk out same day with a great working phone now yay. The small light leakage at the bottom of the screen will just have to be tolerated as it is not very noticeable anyways. I always thought Sprint techs weren't allowed to open up or fix Palm phones???
    Last edited by Thrasherx2k1; 07/25/2010 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Well I took the phone in today. Dropped it off and they told me to wait like 45 min to a hour so I just took off and did a few errands. Came back and it was ready 45 min later and the slider was like new! Tech guy said some clip came loose or fell off or something of that nature. But now the thing slides like butter. I walked in expecting to have to order a refurb and I walk out same day with a great working phone now yay. The small light leakage at the bottom of the screen will just have to be tolerated as it is not very noticeable anyways. I always thought Sprint techs weren't allowed to open up or fix Palm phones???
    It was that way when the phone first launched, but by now I'm sure they have received training and are able to do it.

Sprint fixed my power button a few months ago.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo