1.    #1  
    I got a sprint palm pre that i got flashed at cricket TO cricket and i started having problems with the battery where it just turned off when i would close it. i did the paper thing and that worked great. then i noticed when the guy at cricket flashed the phone, it downgraded it to 1.3.1. then i started noticing a problem with the dreaded "too many cards problem". it does it every day for almost the entire day. Only time it seems to go back to working functionally is when I take out the battery and then put it on the touchstone charger and wait for it to reboot again. i LOVE the palm pre, but im getting sick and tired of all these problems with it. Can anyone please help me? I dont want to abandon my pre. Please Helpppp!
    You need to latest update (1.4.1)
    Does over the air updating not work?

Too many cards with any app?
    I got it with PDK games until I used an overclocking kernal.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  3.    #3  
    No apps running whatsoever!!!!! But still it says theres too many!
    its true that i have never had a problem with "too many cards" when i had 1.4.1 webos
    but see thats the problem! Im on cricket and i had cricket themselves flash it but when they flashed it it goes back to 1.3.1 and ive already gotten it flashed twice because when i got so sick of it and tryed updating to 1.4.1.1 it took me back to sprint!!!

also right now i have calender, contacts, camera, dialer, sms, iming on myspace on the browser, and have music player open and playing music. and yet no too many cards open. wthhh?
    Last edited by tychnlee; 07/23/2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: update.
    Quote Originally Posted by tychnlee View Post
    No apps running whatsoever!!!!! But still it says theres too many!
    its true that i have never had a problem with "too many cards" when i had 1.4.1 webos
    but see thats the problem! Im on cricket and i had cricket themselves flash it but when they flashed it it goes back to 1.3.1 and ive already gotten it flashed twice because when i got so sick of it and tryed updating to 1.4.1.1 it took me back to sprint!!!
    Do a partial reset. Open Device info > Reset Options > Partial Erase/Erase Apps & Data. Login to your profile and you should be set.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    my profile? yeah i think thats another problem because when i hit the "first use" icon to create a palm account and get thru all my stuff, at the very end it says unable to create account please contact palm? gah so many problems :/
    Can't you use this, http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html for that problem?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  7.    #7  
    now i cant even get preware going. im sorry im not one to give up or anything but i shouldnt have to do all this to make a phone work how it was made to in the first place.
    my new problem is that when i try getting preware in it says ERROR 1: connection refused.
    and then ERROR: No device found and then it just keeps searching for a device and yes i put it to just charge. Im starting to think that the palm pre itself is a big ERROR.
    That error typically has two sources:
    1) developer mode is not enabled. Yes, I know, you probably have. I do not want to insult your intelligence, however there has been the occasional user, who forgot to activate it.
    2) Problem with the novacom drivers. Open WOQI, go into the preferences and try reinstalling novacom.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by tychnlee View Post
    now i cant even get preware going. im sorry im not one to give up or anything but i shouldnt have to do all this to make a phone work how it was made to in the first place.
    my new problem is that when i try getting preware in it says ERROR 1: connection refused.
    and then ERROR: No device found and then it just keeps searching for a device and yes i put it to just charge. Im starting to think that the palm pre itself is a big ERROR.
    Tell the truth... the phone wasnt made for cricket... the rom they are flashing for you makes it work, but it sounds like there are a bunch of back end services that dont, cricket must be using some kind of partially "authorized" bootleg rom.

Like someone else mentioned... try using the metadoctor... if you have to, update and let it put you back on sprint, then use the meta doctor to flash it yourself, have the cricket guys give you the settings you need and enter them manually.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    2) Problem with the novacom drivers. Open WOQI, go into the preferences and try reinstalling novacom.
    Thanks so much (:
    okay so my pre hasnt done the "too many cards" error since yesterday so far so good.
    is there anything in preware that can improve my pre's performance so i will never get the error again?

Oh hold up, it goes thru with installing but when i reset my pre i see no preware icon? do i turn off developer mode after im done or? what?
    Last edited by tychnlee; 07/24/2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: update
    Strange, everything installed with WOQI always resulted in an icon for me. Try removing it from your device (under tools -> device management). And reinstall it afterwards.

The TMC error will resolve itself by almost 100% when you install UberKernel from Preware (or WOQI) and activate compcache.
    'til we meet again.
    THL