1.    #1  
    Just curious if anyone knows what's going on with no games being released lately for WebOS! I mean GOOD games like what we've seen with Sandstorm and FIFA....not the regular old lousy games for 50...
    Gameloft was on a roll releasing a bunch of iPhone ports but seems to have stopped altogether in the last couple months. Is it because we're not a large enough market? Just want to know if there are any games slated to be released in the very near future...
    Thanks for any input!
    Developers are waiting for the update.
    Angry Birds, obviously
    Fruit Ninja emailed someone telling them they would develop for WebOS
    We just got two new PDK games today, one is a mech game, and another a strategy game
    I suppose we'll get Rockband from EA. its the last of their mobile games they haven't ported.
    I want Bejeweled !!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Here's hoping what people are speculating is true and 1.4.5 comes out tomorrow. Based on nothing but the whole being held till the end of half off theory, but would be a very nice treat.
    Who cares about that update I Want 2.0 !
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Who cares about that update I Want 2.0 !
    As do I but I still want access to the new PDK apps and for Palm to hopefully pick up some better developer support through it. That can help me hold over till 2.0 is released later on.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I can't wait for 1.4.5.1 (to fix the pdk bug), so that all developers can make 3d games. Once the update is live in the US I expect a flood of iPhone ports.
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    Angry Birds, obviously
    Fruit Ninja emailed someone telling them they would develop for WebOS
    We just got two new PDK games today, one is a mech game, and another a strategy game
    I suppose we'll get Rockband from EA. its the last of their mobile games they haven't ported.
    What about Need For Speed Shift? I played it on a Droid X today, it's awesome.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for all the input. But...Angry Birds? Really?? That's the most popular freakin' game right now?? It looks lame and extremely subpar for what all the smartphones on the market are capable of today....
    Most of the Pre owners are in their 30s (or so I've heard) and, for some reason, I can't see why ANY adult would want to play that game...or the countless stupid games that are being made available.. Castle Of Magic is cool...but that's it (did I get that name right?)
    Need more games like Assassin and Dungeon Master and ANY FPS games would be cool... I never realized how addicted I'd become to FPS games on my Pre since I've always been frustrated with the learning curve on regular PCs... Too many keys to recall on the computer....whereas the Pre makes it so straight-forward, right??
    Love it!!

Anyway....let's hope. I just don't want to have to get a new phone because HP has decided to bury the Pre somewhere in the deep nethers of their company...

And WHY is it taking so long for us to get the new PDK update?? Seems to me that Europe has had it for over a month now, right?? Or close to it... Not cool!! I got the Pre because I'm a Palm Loyalist....and I was under the impression that they were going to go all out...but, after a year of owning my Pre...I'm getting the feeling that I bought today's smartphone version of the Edsel. If you recall (or look it up as I did) the Edsel was supposed to be the crowning achievement in autos....and turned out to be a lemon... Lasted a couple years and now? Now, ask anybody and they'll say they never heard of it....and that's how I feel about my Pre. Already people look at me and ask what's that phone? And when I mention the Pre, they ask..Oh...they're still making those?? Heh heh...nice, huh??

Such a wonderful phone that has absolutely no support and is a dying breed. I hate to think I'll have to buy an iPhone (yuck) or worse....HTC EVO....(double yuck)....but, if you can't beat them...join them, right?? Sucks...
    Blah, I hate Assassin's Creed on the phone. I tried the demo and the controls are fubar. Some things should be left unblemished on the console. So, I do appreciate the games like Angry Birds because they work well for the phone's interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    What about Need For Speed Shift? I played it on a Droid X today, it's awesome.
    Also Madden, etc.
    For sure the games have dried up recently,
    let's hope dev's are holding off for US to update,
    and not gave up on webOS.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    the assassin's creed II for ipod/iphone is tight, much better than altair's chronicles. I hope ac II gets ported
    Rock Band? I'd kill for that

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.