1. Von
    Okay, so about a week ago..I bought a new stero for my car, with an auxiliary cable, and now use my palm pre, to play music in my car..

Ever since then, apparently my phone has been stuck in headset mode, but it's at the point now..when I try playing music, even with a headset plugged in..the music plays out the small ear piece and not the speaker.

Also, I can no longer listen to video's, or make phone calls unless I use speaker mode.

I realize this is a headset mode related issue, but I'm not sure if anyone else has had their music play through the ear piece.
    If you keep inserting and removing the plug in the headset jack, you should be able to get it unstuck. Also check out this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...dset-mode.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Okay, so about a week ago..I bought a new stero for my car, with an auxiliary cable, and now use my palm pre, to play music in my car..

Ever since then, apparently my phone has been stuck in headset mode, but it's at the point now..when I try playing music, even with a headset plugged in..the music plays out the small ear piece and not the speaker.

Also, I can no longer listen to video's, or make phone calls unless I use speaker mode.

I realize this is a headset mode related issue, but I'm not sure if anyone else has had their music play through the ear piece.

never had the music thru my ear piece but if you go to device info, click on preferences(top left corner), select tests, and then choose interactive tests. Run the audio test, this should fix the problem but you may have to run it a couple of times as this is not a permanent fix.

there have been some workarounds, such as running this test rebooting the phone with the audio jack pluged in. but you would have to do this each time... try the interactive test and see how that works

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    If you look in the "Tips, Information, and Resources" forum you will find the following thread about fixing a device stuck in the headset mode.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html

Good luck!