1.    #1  
    The power button on my palm pre won't turn on because the power button is stuck. Usually when you press the button to turn on the phone you can feel it click or press down. Mine almost seems as if it is stuck, but it doesnt look as if the button is depressed.

I didn't drop it at all, it just came out of nowhere. Anyone else ever have this problem? I do have insurance on it and I am going to go after work and see if I can get it fixed.
    Pop it out and use a paper clip to turn the phone on. it is easy to take out.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Pop it out and use a paper clip to turn the phone on. it is easy to take out.
    Now I wish I brought my phone with me to work. Thanks, I will try this when I get home tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by cphornu View Post
    The power button on my palm pre won't turn on because the power button is stuck.
    9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | webOSroundup

See problem 9 "MY POWER BUTTON STOPPED WORKING!"

-Jay
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The power button on my palm pre won't turn on because the power button is stuck. Usually when you press the button to turn on the phone you can feel it click or press down. Mine almost seems as if it is stuck, but it doesnt look as if the button is depressed.

I didn't drop it at all, it just came out of nowhere. Anyone else ever have this problem? I do have insurance on it and I am going to go after work and see if I can get it fixed.
    I had this problem for like 3 strait days a couple weeks ago but it magically stopped happening. In some other threads people were saying it was some kind of memory overload and you had to clear all your catche by pop'n out the battery for a hard reset. I had to do this everytime it happened to get the phone turned back on and it got stuck on the palm screen for 5 to 10 min each time. But after doing this several times I havnt had the problem again since, not sure why it happened to begin with
    took mine to sprint and they fixed it for free within 1 hour. I do have the insurance for the phone
    There is a much easier way to turn it on, Do a battery pull, reinstall battery then plug in the wall charger or put it on the T/S if you have one. The Pre will boot
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    This happened to my old Pre. It'll still work if you press it really hard. I used to press mine against a hard surface such as a table or a wall.
    When my power button acts up I open the slider and click the center button... Also works on the Pre+ "open the slider and tap the touch sensitive area".
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]

See this thread...
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-button.html
    pop the button off from the rear side with a small screwdriver, then get a tiny piece of paper... Tiny!! And roll it into a little ball, plop it inside, and put the buton back on, boom works fine now!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    One thing for sure about HP, they know how to make an on/off button that works. Can't wait for my H-Palm webOS phone!