1.    #1  
    My keyboard seams like it's starting to drop/miss more and more letters.

I have doctores twice in the past week and a half (1.2ghz kernel doesn't like my Pre) and the keyboard is still dropping letters.

I'm thining it may be the 1.4.1.1 update overcompensating for double letters but it maybe hardware too.

I really don't want to risk getting a refurb since this is the best Pre build quality wise out of the 5 I've had so far.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them and if so what was done to remedy the problem.

This was my first phone with a hardware 'qwerty' keyboard and I was so excited but its been giving me more issues than I think it's worth.
    there is a big thread for it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    kkhanmd... it would have been helpful if you had posted the links also...

OP... this has been a well documented issue on Verizon for some reason. Here is an article from the P|C front page a while back, and a couple of threads for you to check out and see if there is a fix for the issue.

Article: http://www.precentral.net/keyboard-issues-palm-pre-plus

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...messaging.html

Pre Plus Keyboard Problems - Keys not being recogn... - Palm Support Community

It sounds like it is an actual hardware issue, but you can run an interactive test on your device to check: Device Info> More Info> Interactive Tests> Hardware buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    My keyboard seams like it's starting to drop/miss more and more letters.

I have doctores twice in the past week and a half (1.2ghz kernel doesn't like my Pre) and the keyboard is still dropping letters.

I'm thining it may be the 1.4.1.1 update overcompensating for double letters but it maybe hardware too.

I really don't want to risk getting a refurb since this is the best Pre build quality wise out of the 5 I've had so far.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them and if so what was done to remedy the problem.

This was my first phone with a hardware 'qwerty' keyboard and I was so excited but its been giving me more issues than I think it's worth.
    I think you are right in that they overcompensated for the double letters. Mine was certainly better after the last update, but like you, it was skipping letters a lot. Seems like it is some keys more than others, but if you press hard and deliberate, it works very well.

There is a difference in keyboards. I had an extra Pre at work and tested it out and the keyboard was definitely better so I switched devices. I was hoping that the next update might dial back the keyboard adjustments. If it was me, I would see if this next update makes a difference, and if not, get a replacement.