1.    #1  
    So I have no idea what happened, but the music that I have added through Media Monkey has disappeared. On my computer there is nothing, and on the device the music is there but the only thing it shows is a '-' for the song name, it plays alright but there is no metadata at all.

I don't understand why there is no central Music folder so I can just delete all of the mp3s from my computer.

Is there any way for me to get rid of all my music without doing a USB reset? I rescanned in MediaMonkey and that didn't work either.

Thanks
    Okay, this post is a little confusing...

1) Central music folder: I guess you mean on on the Pre? Well, it's easy to make one. I have a folder called Music. In this folder I have Artist folders. In these Artist folders, I have Album folders. And in the Album folders, there are songs. Now it is possible that you have synced with Media Monkey in such a way that your folder hierarchy is not set up this way. In this case, you need to edit where you are transferring the files to on MediaMonkey so they aren't just sitting all over the place on the root path on your Pre (if I am understanding you correctly).

2) To get rid of all the music, it is entirely possible without a USB reset. How are your folders set up? Wherever the mp3s are setting at on the device, just separate out the mp3's from the rest (should be a Group By Filetype option on your computer OS) and then delete all the ones in the mp3 group.

3) Is this the first time you have synced with MediaMonkey? Or have you been using the program fine and you are just now encountering this problem?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #3  
    1 - There is no central music folder. I didn't know you could tell it to put the music in a certain place. Is this in the Device Config/Device Config/Sync tracks to: Configure?

2 - Basically, my mp3 folder is nowhere to be found. I don't know where MM is syncing them to, but its not a place I can search for. I tried *.mp3, and nothing came up that is a suspect. I did realize, however, that I had 300+ songs on there before. Its now down to 97, so it may have deleted them which I'm thinking is the case due to the Device Info saying I have 5.7 gigs left and I have probably 1g worth of music videos on there. But, there are still some songs in there that are improperly named all of the sudden and I can't locate them to delete them.

3 - I used to use iTunes for a short time. I have since been using MM for the past 9 months or so. It was fine up until last night when I tried to sync a song and the Pre disappeared from the tree on the left, I disconnected it (the right way), reconnected and found out what it had done.

Thanks again for the help
    I am having the same problem. I have a file called MUSIC that I use to put music from my computer to the Pre using the USB mode, but there are music files on the phone that do not show up in my Music folder when I'm using my computer. I've looked everywhere, in every folder, unhidden files, done searches, I just can't find it using my computer. It is on the phone and plays, but I want to get to them so I can edit their titles.

Can anyone please help?
    Try using Internalz to track down your files/folders:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2574049
    To create a music folder, you simply make a new folder in your Pre file system, just like you would on your computer, then put your music into that. You can create whatever folder title and as many subfolders as you want. The Pre will find the songs. No real technical wizardry required.

If you are using a windows machine and want to delete more than one file at once, including MP3s from your Pre, all you have to do is scroll through and find them, hold down the control key to select more than one file, then right click and select the delete option from the drop down menu. You don't have to delete them all one by one.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by steves743 View Post
    I am having the same problem. I have a file called MUSIC that I use to put music from my computer to the Pre using the USB mode, but there are music files on the phone that do not show up in my Music folder when I'm using my computer. I've looked everywhere, in every folder, unhidden files, done searches, I just can't find it using my computer. It is on the phone and plays, but I want to get to them so I can edit their titles.

Can anyone please help?
    Oh and if you put your Pre in USB mode and open folder to view files, on Windows, you can easily change the song data, without removing the song from the Pre. Find the song you need to fix, in your Pre, click on it, so it's highlighted. Down at the bottom of the USB folder, you should see it displaying whatever song meta data is available. Such as artist, title, album and etc. These fields are clickable and can be edited. Click one, so it opens, just like you would when renaming a file or something on your PC. Delete out the incorrect info and type in the correct information. Once you click out of it, it will save and if you glance back up, you will see it update the actual song file.

Moving them to specific folder, after you create it, is as easy as drag and drop.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    tried internalz, I've been everywhere on my Pre and still no luck. Made sure to show hidden files. Still no searchfeatue with internalz. Any other suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Try using Internalz to track down your files/folders:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2574049
    Great idea. Did it, still no luck. So far Internalz doesn't have a search feature, and it works just like Filz did. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm glad I have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by steves743 View Post

Can anyone please help?
    So I guess this is just another quirk of the Pre, most likely something I did without knowing it. Strange though, why can I see the title listed on the Pre, but not when I search using my PC or Internalz? Everything unhidden, etc. Oh well, I give up. It would be easier just to delete those from the phone and reinstall them into my music folder. Another Palm Pre unsolved mystery!