1.    #1  
    Came back from lunch to see that phone was drained when it was full battery when I left.

Plugged it in only for it to pop up w/ the big battery charging on the screen then after a couple mins, a plug w/ a ? pops up and then goes blank.

The computer keeps saying it cannot read the driver.

I've tried rebooting, plugging it in to get my contacts/notes/pics but nothing happens- keeps saying it cannot read driver and the big battery charging picture keeps coming up and then the plug w/ ? over and over again.

Any help would be great. I really just need my CONTACTS!

Thanks a bunch in advance.
    The battery icon means your battery needs charging. Plug into the wall charger for a while so it can get a good charge.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks but I've already tried that for hrs and hrs. Even tried to take battery out for an hr. It won't turn on still after all of that. When I plug usb into comp- it says device cannot be read.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyenhanh46 View Post
    Came back from lunch to see that phone was drained when it was full battery when I left.

Plugged it in only for it to pop up w/ the big battery charging on the screen then after a couple mins, a plug w/ a ? pops up and then goes blank.

The computer keeps saying it cannot read the driver.

I've tried rebooting, plugging it in to get my contacts/notes/pics but nothing happens- keeps saying it cannot read driver and the big battery charging picture keeps coming up and then the plug w/ ? over and over again.

Any help would be great. I really just need my CONTACTS!

Thanks a bunch in advance.
    Try testing with a different battery; You might have a bad battery.

Make sure the charger is also working properly, if it's a bad battery.. You can have it replace. (Sprint ) Good Luck, I hope things work out good for you.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    See post under "palm pre just went dead one day"
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Here is the post:

Device: Verizon Palm Pre Plus

WebOS 1.4.1.1

Uberkernal Kernal: 1.4.1-58

Background: Allowed battery to go to critical and force a Pre shutdown.

Result: Large battery Icon with lightning bolt thru it and red bar at bottom when attempting a recharge. Occasional AC plug icon.

Attempts at correction:

Subsequent charging using a) USB/Computer b) AC Charger. Many times. Different computers. Went online with Palm. They informed me that battery bad or unit defective. Told to go to Verizon to swap out battery to see if that is a fix, if not get back to them to open a ticket for a return for warranty repair. (Unit still under Warranty)

Verizon store offered to send a Warranty replacement. I asked if they tried a new battery. They said that Pre batteries could not be removed. I informed them that it could and I showed them how. They "Tested" unit and then came back to say that they would ship a replacement unit to me. (They said the replacement would not include a new battery.) I asked if they swapped out the battery. Told they had no batteries, but if I wanted they would ship a new battery to me, and if the Pre still did not work they would replace it. Took the offer, went home.

Home: Went online. Found solution:

Per Posts here pulled battery x6. Used AC recharger between each time with push of "on" button. On last try Luna restart began. Pre is now whole. Battery icon shows critical low level. Now charging.

Weird stuff. The average consumer if faced with this scenario cannot come away with a positive feeling about the Pre.

Hope this helps others.