1.    #1  
    I got my Pre Plus late March and am completely in love with it. My problem here for the past couple of weeks has been that the backlight won't turn off. The screen will go blank and lock but the backlight stays lit and drains the battery.

When it isn't doing this the backlight won't even come on. I don't have Preware or anything on my phone. Taking the battery out used to solve it but doesn't anymore and a trip to the doctor didn't do anything to help it either. Sometimes the screen will work properly but more and more it keeps recreating the problem.

Can somebody help me figure out what to do. The nearest Verizon store is an hour and a half away and I really don't want to go if I don't have to. So if anybody has any advice that would be helpful. Going to the store is my last resort but if that is what it takes then I guess I will have to make time to get there.

Thanks for your help.
    A daily reboot might help.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by blackophatake View Post
    I got my Pre Plus late March and am completely in love with it. My problem here for the past couple of weeks has been that the backlight won't turn off. The screen will go blank and lock but the backlight stays lit and drains the battery.

When it isn't doing this the backlight won't even come on. I don't have Preware or anything on my phone. Taking the battery out used to solve it but doesn't anymore and a trip to the doctor didn't do anything to help it either. Sometimes the screen will work properly but more and more it keeps recreating the problem.

Can somebody help me figure out what to do. The nearest Verizon store is an hour and a half away and I really don't want to go if I don't have to. So if anybody has any advice that would be helpful. Going to the store is my last resort but if that is what it takes then I guess I will have to make time to get there.

Thanks for your help.
    I'm not sure how much you know about Preware but it certainly wouldn't cause a problem like this.
    If you have doctored then I think your problem is hardware related. I recommend taking it to Verizon.