1.    #1  
    Via USB connection?

My 3rd Palm Pre in 6 months has died and as a person who travels and loses money and respect every time I have to explain this to business contacts, it is time for me to part with this POS phone. webOS is the best OS I have ever used but there are too many unpredictabilities on this undependable hunk of crap.

I spent almost 2 hours on the phone today with Sprint, and they told me my only two options were to wait the 5 business days that it takes to ship a Pre to my local store, or Pay $100 to the insurance company and wait the 5 business days to get my replacement. I took option A of course. Which still isnt an option for me really, as I leave for two weeks of travel in 3 days. I will leave out the colorful language, which I am not proud of using to the 3 people I spoke with, and told them repeatedly that I understand it isnt their fault, but this is just ridiculous.

Drove 35 mins. on my one day off, before I travel for another 2 weeks, to the Sprint store, to actually cancel my business with Sprint, and pay the ETF, and go back to Verizon. I've never heard of a company that doesnt give out loaner phones, and the guy offered me a Pixi or Samsung Moment as a replacement, free of charge, and I am still eligible to upgrade per my old contract. I hate both of these phones, but as I am leaving in 3 days for another trip for weeks, I was put between a rock and a hard place, and need a phone. I've already missed 8 important calls, and various email.

I dont trust Palm anymore, and went with that block of crap Moment. I only need to use it for a few months til I can upgrade, and like I said, I need a phone before I leave, so I took the phone.

Question is, I still have access to my phone, via USB connection. Is there anyway I can retrieve my contacts and download them to my computer into a CSV file or alternative, with only that functionality?

I really enjoy the community here, and like I stated I ADORE webOS, but as someone who depends on a phone that works, and that has already lost a good amount of money, and respect trying to give Palm the benefit of the doubt, I just cant do it anymore. I thought originally when I joined here, that the posts I see of people complaining and having horror stories were only the complainers. On forums like this, those are usually the loudest voices. As someone who treats their gadgets with kid gloves, I can honestly say, since 1990 when I got my first cell phone, til 2010, 20 years, this is the worst experience I have ever had with a piece of any kind of equipment. I can see one lemon of a phone, or 2, but 3, and now going on to 4 in less than a 6 month period. That is just unacceptable to me.

Any and all help is much appreciated and I thank you again.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    if you install preware there is a patch that lets you email your contacts. search the forum for more. if your contacts are syced with a google account, export them to your desktop from google. otherwise take your pre back to sprint and have them transfer your contacts to the moment. it will take them all of 5 mins.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    should import contact to gmail contact and then sign in to Gmail acc on Pre