1.    #1  
    Everything seems fine and smooth so far so I'm not complaining but ***?
    How did you remove the kernel? Using preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Everything seems fine and smooth so far so I'm not complaining but ***?

Also how did you install in the first place?
    Also did you do a device restart after uninstalling.
    I thought one had to reset the speed back to stock before uninstalling?!?
  5.    #5  
    I installed the SR71 via Preware and scaled it down to 1005.

I removed the kernel using Preware but did not set the speed back to stock in Govnah.

I just did a second Luna Restart and it is still at 1005.
    Have you checked the SR71 thread? That would probably be the best place to post this, since the kernels have their own quirks individual to themselves since they are alpha builds.

Also are you checking frequency with govnah or command line?
    I installed the SR71 via Preware and scaled it down to 1005.

I removed the kernel using Preware but did not set the speed back to stock in Govnah.

I just did a second Luna Restart and it is still at 1005.
    You need to do a full device restart after uninstalling the kernel and not a luna restart.
    Have you checked it at the command line with:
    cat /proc/cpuinfo

I'm guessing that Govnah is reporting incorrectly OR when you uninstalled you actually went back to a previous kernel and not the stock palm kernel. Maybe you should install the Pre recovery kernel in preware.
    Last edited by Nightburn; 07/22/2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: typo
  9.    #9  
    Govnah, but as far as I can tell is running at 1005 still. Messaging flashes twice and opens as opposed to four times @ 500. Do you know the command line off the top of your head? I haven't done that since the original 600MHz patch lol.

I'll post this in the SR71 thread once I can verify that it is indeed still running at 1005.
    Govnah, but as far as I can tell is running at 1005 still. Messaging flashes twice and opens as opposed to four times @ 500. Do you know the command line off the top of your head? I haven't done that since the original 600MHz patch lol.

I'll post this in the SR71 thread once I can verify that it is indeed still running at 1005.
    The command is in the post above. And are you sure that you have done a full device restart?
    Probably in this case a shut down, battery pull and restart will get it back to the proper speed.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation