1.    #1  
    My Pre was nearly perfect for the first 30 days. Now that I can't return it, all sorts of little things are popping up.

About once a week It will get a problem where any notification will be all white, and touching it does nothing. Closing and reopening the apps doesn't change anything.

The only way to solve the problem is to reboot. Rebooting is a problem because after you push the power button, a whited out, non-touchable notification comes up, I assume it's the one that asks if you want to power down or reboot.

I have to pull that battery out to make it reboot.

So If I get a phone call, text, message it will take at least 5 minutes for me to respond.

Does this problem happen for anyone but me?

I won't bother listing the other comparatively minor issues here.

thanks,
    ~Jay
    I've never heard of that one. A quick note to help though: press orange (or white), sym, R, (at the same time) and your phone will restart.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. That's a huge help. That has to be better than removing the battery.

~Jay
    [QUOTE=Jay m;2569826]My Pre was nearly perfect for the first 30 days. Now that I can't return it, all sorts of little things are popping up.

About once a week It will get a problem where any notification will be all white, and touching it does nothing. Closing and reopening the apps doesn't change anything.

The only way to solve the problem is to reboot. Rebooting is a problem because after you push the power button, a whited out, non-touchable notification comes up, I assume it's the one that asks if you want to power down or reboot.

I have to pull that battery out to make it reboot.

So If I get a phone call, text, message it will take at least 5 minutes for me to respond.

Does this problem happen for anyone but me?

I won't bother listing the other comparatively minor issues here.

thanks,
    ~Jay[/QUOTE
    Since you've already did a battery pull, the other option is to do a webos doctor on the
    phone. If problems persist, return the phone for
    repairs or exchange. Here is the link:
    www.palm.com/ROM Read
    instructions carefully before procedure
    Last edited by rush; 07/22/2010 at 05:18 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Rush,

Are you saying that the next time I have this problem I should click on that link on my Pre?
    do a quick search for webos doctor...and you should be able to find out where to download the needed file (to your computer)...and the thread could have instructions on how to use the program and what you ned. Basically running that program will set your phone back to factory default (it won't touch pics or anything on the usb part). You can also try webos repair utility that migt be better. I'm not to familiar with the last one but it might work.