1.    #1  
    Hello all!

New to the Pre and had a question.

I installed the Super PreKernel App and selected the 800MHz patch in order to overclock my phone.

Is there anyway to confirm that it's actually working?

When I go back into the Super PreKernel App it states that I have a patch installed but the phone speed seems the same to me.

I've timed starting up various apps with the stock kernal and the overclocked kernal and am seeing no real difference in times or overall phone performance.

Is there anything else I'm supposed to do?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Open Terminal or Terminus and type the linux command:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

In WebOS Quick Install this can be done in the linux command line with the device plugged in. In all honesty though, Govnah will graph that out for you. I would recommend Govnah with Uberkernal, but Govnah should still allow you to govern the kernels installed by SuperPre Kernal.
    I cannot recommend using Govnah with SuperPre Kernel. In fact, I strongly recommend not using SuperPreKernel at all, since it contains a webOS 1.4.0 kernel, and incorrectly restores the wrong version of LunaSysMgr in some circumstances, screwing up Universal Search and other things.

Uninstall SuperPreKernel and use UberKernel and Govnah installed from Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I cannot recommend using Govnah with SuperPre Kernel. In fact, I strongly recommend not using SuperPreKernel at all, since it contains a webOS 1.4.0 kernel, and incorrectly restores the wrong version of LunaSysMgr in some circumstances, screwing up Universal Search and other things.

Uninstall SuperPreKernel and use UberKernel and Govnah installed from Preware.

-- Rod
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydevil View Post
    Hello all!

New to the Pre and had a question.

I installed the Super PreKernel App and selected the 800MHz patch in order to overclock my phone.

Is there anyway to confirm that it's actually working?

When I go back into the Super PreKernel App it states that I have a patch installed but the phone speed seems the same to me.

I've timed starting up various apps with the stock kernal and the overclocked kernal and am seeing no real difference in times or overall phone performance.

Is there anything else I'm supposed to do?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    A good idea would be to consider the advice given above. To further understanding, you should read this: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...packaging.html

Welcome to P|C and the world of webOS. If you like your phone, you should know what you are doing and what the risks are when you make these types of modifications to your phone. There are many knowledgable people here to help you along the way.

Enjoy your new Pre!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #6  
    Thanks all for the advice.

I have followed your suggestions and my Pre is running top notch!

A followup question if I may- is there a preferred profile that is suggested to maximize battery life when the battery is close to running out?

I searched the forums but realy didn't find a definitive answer.

Thanks again!