1.    #1  
    or not. Is anyone else finding this strange? The contest started the 15th and nobody cares. Hey if we get at least one pdk app by the end of the contest will they get the entire pot?
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    We have to wait until 1.4.5 is released in the US.
  3.    #3  
    i get that. just find it funny how all palms ducks are in business for themselves....
    Even then, there is still nothing too much in the catalog of pdk. Maybe Palm is waiting to put them into the catalog till 1.4.5 is released, but if thats the case, why did they put the others in there already, so yes, doesn't seem like too many people care right now...
  5.    #5  
    if paper toss hit the palm catalog at $20, id buy it. im just sayin....
    I wonder if they won't show up in the catalog for webOS versions before 1.4.5?
    We won't see them on our phones but you can see them on the Precentral and Preware listings. I just hope that at least a FIFTH of decent iPhone devs decide to port to webOS soon. Do you realize how many apps that is in itself? But somehow I doubt even that will happen anytime soon.
  8. OrR
    Well, if you know any iPhone devs, tell them about PDK and that it might be very easy to get their app running on webOS with it! Most probably won't come here by themselves...
    I've started doing this and I already got some answers. New device announcements would definitely help to convince people to invest more time into webOS...
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    Well, if you know any iPhone devs, tell them about PDK and that it might be very easy to get their app running on webOS with it! Most probably won't come here by themselves...
    I've started doing this and I already got some answers. New device announcements would definitely help to convince people to invest more time into webOS...
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2504046
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    Cronk is a PDK app, and is available on non 1.4.5 phones, just saying
    What are some of the more popular iPhone developer forums? If there is any interest in porting to webOS, they may be discussing it on those forums.
    Could be waiting for half sale thing to go away so they stop giving away money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Could be waiting for half sale thing to go away so they stop giving away money.
    Actually Palm announced that they (and HP) were going to absorb the hit and still pay the devs full commission. I'm pretty sure about that... but I could be drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Actually Palm announced that they (and HP) were going to absorb the hit and still pay the devs full commission. I'm pretty sure about that... but I could be drunk.
    I'm thinking maybe he was referring to Palm in the holding off so they would stop giving away money (as in having approved apps, but not releasing them until the half off was over, which they maybe extended knowing 1.4.5 would be delayed....).

Because you are correct, half off didn't hit the dev's (unless they lowered there app price too, but they still would see there cut of whatever their price was not the half off).

It's not out of line to think Palm may have delayed some PDK apps, to not take their profit hit on brand new apps during a contest and during a half off sale while it was only their profit getting hit. I have stayed away from accusing this, cuz I didn't wanna flare up the trolls and haters, but it does make business sense. Especially when they had to delay hot apps, then they also extended half off...... one can only speculate that they knew the problem would cause a delay in the OS wide release of PDK support. Once again not accusing it, just saying I had thought it was a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Cronk is a PDK app, and is available on non 1.4.5 phones, just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I wonder if they won't show up in the catalog for webOS versions before 1.4.5?
    PDK apps are only 1.4.5+, like my Pixi Dust app.

Cronk, EA Games, Gameloft, etc are all exceptions-- they got a different version of the PDK that enabled distribution before 1.4.5
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    uhmmmm but Cronk was developed (actually ported) WITH the PDK, correct? If not everything I have read has been lies (including what came from Mobile 1 Up). They ported it using the NEW PDK (maybe not the same you used), but newer than what EA and Gameloft used back in what January?

I am not claiming to be an expert, but Cronk is a PDK app, and using the PDK porting from what I understand and have read. Unless they purposely decided to wait this long even though they had access way back when EA and the other folks did (doesn't make business sense), they are operating out of a newer version than the PDK EA and others worked out of to launch back in january IIRC. Not saying you are wrong, but they are using a newer version than EA initially used from the way it has been made to seam.