1.    #1  
    I am trying to flash the modem on the Palm Pre using PmModemUpdater. Regardless of the switches used, I get the errors below.

I have searched this forum and the web exhaustively - if I missed a fix please point me in the right direction.

Also, I have only seen two posts that had this same issue - is the only fix to replace the phone? I have to think there must be a way around this.

$ Open Port /dev/tts/modemdiag Failed!
    $ Probing modem.............
    DiagListen has problem
    ExtendedBuildID cmd code != BUILD_ID_F
    Warning: Phone state is Unknown
    $ Retrying..... Please wait
    DiagListen has problem
    $ Probing modem failed with 2 retries!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    My modem died last week, and I've been relegated to wifi only UNTIL I went to Sprint today and they did a full reset on my Pre . . . which I said was not a good idea as now I'm stuck at the Palm Profile login screen and as I told them . . . with no modem you can't connect in order to log back in. Wifi doesn't work until you have already loaded up your profile and now I have a paperweight. I even told the twits that the diagnostic tests came back with no modem errors 20 and 1000 but the Rainmen at Sprint listened not.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff.s View Post
    I am trying to flash the modem on the Palm Pre using PmModemUpdater. Regardless of the switches used, I get the errors below.

I have searched this forum and the web exhaustively - if I missed a fix please point me in the right direction.

Also, I have only seen two posts that had this same issue - is the only fix to replace the phone? I have to think there must be a way around this.

DiagListen has problem
    DiagListen has problem
    $ Probing modem failed with 2 retries!

I think PmModemUpdater is dangerous. I've killed two Pre's using it.. I suspect that your main pcb is bust and you'll have to return to Palm for repair.

Gx
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Griffin - that is what I was afraid of. It is probably cheaper to buy a broken Pre on eBay and pull out the parts I need.

I don't understand how flashing the modem could FUBAR it. I have to think there must be a way to re-flash the modem using other tools.
    jeff.s,

Could You reflash your modem? I have the same problem.
    what is pm modem updater? I am lost is it a program you download and if so where do I download it from