1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a question about an odd experience I have been having with my Palm Pre lately. Many times when I answer a call or have been on the call for awhile, I heard a weird piano sound, almost like something hitting all the keys at once. The sound doesn't last very long and doesn't affect the rest of the call. The person on the other end of the call can't hear this sound, just me. I'm not sure if this is a software issue or just a network issue. I've been a pre user since October and this has only recently been happening. Any thoughts as to what this could be and how to get rid of it? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I've heard it too. I can't remember exactly what the reason was, I think it was that someone had left me a voice mail - but it could have been an incoming text message. Either way, it was just a notification that something had arrived.
    Does it sound a lil something like DA-DOINK!!!?
    Quote Originally Posted by mauve View Post
    Hi, I have a question about an odd experience I have been having with my Palm Pre lately. Many times when I answer a call or have been on the call for awhile, I heard a weird piano sound, almost like something hitting all the keys at once. The sound doesn't last very long and doesn't affect the rest of the call. The person on the other end of the call can't hear this sound, just me. I'm not sure if this is a software issue or just a network issue. I've been a pre user since October and this has only recently been happening. Any thoughts as to what this could be and how to get rid of it? Thanks!
    its when you get a notification while your in a call. such as another call, text or email. It also happens if your listening to music and you get a notification
  5.    #5  
    thanks for all the replies. Actually its not the notification sound which is a bit different. And it doesn't occur when I am getting any kind of other message or call. Any other ideas?
    thanks for all the replies. Actually its not the notification sound which is a bit different. And it doesn't occur when I am getting any kind of other message or call. Any other ideas?
    Have you installed anything new recently?
    they are probably listening in on your calls put on a tinfoil hat, and make all your calls from your basement
    I've heard it too. I think it is something with Sprint because my wife heard it on her Palm Centro too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oversteer325 View Post
    I've heard it too. I think it is something with Sprint because my wife heard it on her Palm Centro too.
    Was she on the phone with you when you heard it?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Was she on the phone with you when you heard it?
    We have both heard it when calling each other as well as when calling other people. It seems to be a sound indicating that the phone has successfully initiated a call. For example, I input the phone number and pressed the talk button, I got the "Doo-Doot" sound and then I heard the normal phone ring until the other party answers. It hasn't done it recently but it was doing it pretty consistently last week. I'm in Charlotte, NC by the way.
    Last edited by Oversteer325; 07/22/2010 at 04:01 PM.
    Not a Sprint thing (at least not in my area).... wife and I both had Centros for nearly 2 years and now 9 months on the Pre. Never heard that.

Any chance it's been when you are roaming?
    Pretty sure it's the theme sound from "Law and Order". (JK)
    This is just a shot in the dark, but is your Mobile Hotspot turned on? When it connects/disconnects or shuts off, it will sounds like a "musical tone"...just wonderin'????
    Actually it is A notification sound. It isn't the notification sound you have set for text or email. It is a subdued notification sound for when you are on the phone.

I have been testing for a couple of minutes to see what it is. I am pretty sure it is a missed call notification. It isn't text or email though those still work when I am on the phone.

I also used to get it when placing my phone on the TouchStone sometimes.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 07/22/2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Correction after testing.
    If it's at the end of every ring it means that the person you're trying to call is on the line already. (Assuming they have call waiting).
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Actually it is A notification sound. It isn't the notification sound you have set for text or email. It is a subdued notification sound for when you are on the phone.
    True!

It depends on your settings I suppose.

I get that sound for any sort of notification that may come up while I'm on the phone. I also get that sound in my bluetooth headset if I have the ringer switched to vibrate. No problems, just a notification.
    OP You aren't alone, it isn't a sound produced by the the OS, but by the CDMA modem when you're on a call, usually just before the ring, or shortly after they answer... I wonder what causes it.