1.    #1  
    any walk throughs out there for noobs to over clock, i wanna do either the 800mhz or the 1.2ghz. any help is apreaciated. im running webos 1.4.1 too thanks
    Call me Darcie, Its my name.
    there are a few good ones. Hit the search button and try overclocking. Also look for them as post titles nd that should help.
    yea there are walk throughs in the actual post of the kernals and there are a few threads that are specifically about installation tips. Just do a google search or look through the forums. Good luck.
  4.    #4  
    thanks fellas, im gonna do somemore reading, ive been up all night reading and crap so somemore wont hurt
  5.    #5  
    thank guys i got it fugured out
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba1239 View Post
    any walk throughs out there for noobs to over clock, i wanna do either the 800mhz or the 1.2ghz. any help is apreaciated. im running webos 1.4.1 too thanks
    What is the meaning of that word? Noob! Could someone explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    What is the meaning of that word? Noob! Could someone explain.
    "Newbie is a slang term for a newcomer to an Internet activity, for example online gaming. It can also be used to indicate an individual inexperienced in any other activity. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgment."
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noob

N00b Boyfriend - CollegeHumor video
    you will go insane if you search for the word overclock.
    Right now, your safest and easiest bet is to install the UberKernel and Govnah. You can overclock to 800mhz and really enjoy it. It is safe, easy to install (thru Preware), and easy to configure.

Look it up, and install carefully.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    speaking of... I've noticed even with mine set for 800/500 it won't go past 500. Sometimes it freezes up when I try to switch the profile. Anyone know why that is?
    Ask in the Uberkernel thread in WebOS Internals.

Do you have a patch that lowers the brightness (Brightness Unlinked or Reduce Minimum brightness)? The way screenstate currently works, the screen brightness must be around 20. I can't remember the exact number, so you should look in the WebOS Internals sub-form anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    speaking of... I've noticed even with mine set for 800/500 it won't go past 500. Sometimes it freezes up when I try to switch the profile. Anyone know why that is?
    Try rebooting your phone first.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    what is overclocking
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    what is overclocking
    If you have to ask its probably not for you though, but overclocking is getting the processor of the phone to run at a higher speed than it was designed for.

Here is the def from wiki:
    Overclocking is the process of running a computer component at a higher clock rate (more clock cycles per second) than it was designed for or was specified by the manufacturer, usually practiced by enthusiasts seeking an increase in the performance of their computers