1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to get their Army AKO email on the phone? I've looked here but the directions there did not work.

Thanks for any pointers.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    The key is going to be importing the certs into your certificate manager. I didn't know which ones to do, so I have the following:
    DoD Root CA 2
    DoD Class 3 Root CA
    Dod CA-13

A friend told me the CA-13 was the key. I've had AKO working properly for about a year now.

The certs will go into your device info---preferences---certificate manager.

Also, make sure you have the ports and security information set correctly. What errors are you running into?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Those directions didn't work for me either. I had to email the DoD Root CA-2 cert to my gmail account and open it in my Pre. The certificate manager automatically installed it.

After that I was able to set up my AKO account and to use the Army SMTP (outgoing) server. Here are the instructions:

Choose IMAP for the server type.
    The incoming mail server is imap.us.army.mil .
    The outgoing mail server is mailrouter.us.army.mil .
    The incoming port number is 993.
    The outgoing port number is 465.
    For both incoming and outgoing mail servers, use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).

If you need the cert PM me and I'll send it to an account you can access from your Pre so you can import it directly.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berserker View Post
    I had to email the DoD Root CA-2 cert to my gmail account and open it in my Pre. The certificate manager automatically installed it.
    I never thought of doing that, but it makes sense. Guess I just took the long way. Without the other certs, do you ever get certificate errors when you visit the AKO homepage (for files and such)?
    I emailed the DoD Root CA-2 file (DoDRootCA2.cer) to myself and opened it via my Pre. It was loaded successfully into the Certificate Manager and I tapped Trust Certificate. I'm trying to add the account in the email app now but I still get an error stating the server's security certificate is not a trusted certificate. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    I never thought of doing that, but it makes sense. Guess I just took the long way. Without the other certs, do you ever get certificate errors when you visit the AKO homepage (for files and such)?
    Whenever I use my PC's browser to visit AKO I always seem to get certificate errors. Haven't had any so far with the AKO account on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon69 View Post
    I emailed the DoD Root CA-2 file (DoDRootCA2.cer) to myself and opened it via my Pre. It was loaded successfully into the Certificate Manager and I tapped Trust Certificate. I'm trying to add the account in the email app now but I still get an error stating the server's security certificate is not a trusted certificate. Any ideas?
    Try adding the DoD CA-13 cert as well. That should fix it.
    That did it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Anyone know of a way to do the same with Navy email? Or does the CAC requirement limit this? Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone. I finally got back around to doing this. I had to install only:
    DoD Root CA 2
    Dod CA-13

and I am now able to get my email. (I had to setup the IMAP stuff also)