Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I accidently dropped my Pre, the darn slider, I was using one hand to open it, and it popped out of my hand and onto the sidewalk, cracking the screen - the touch screen won't work at all! (side note: any way to get the memory card out of it? I can't import anything onto my computer, because I can't select media sync or usb drive on my pre, because the touchscreen won't work).
    Sprint says it will be $120 to fix the screen. I don't have insurance, and I don't want to pay that much money, when next month or week it could happen again!! And I can't afford the ETF to cancel...
    Anyone know where/how I could buy a used pre or pixi - for relatively cheap?
    I appreciate the help!
    ugh...why did it have to break?
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Smart Phone Parts, PDA Parts, Data Capture Parts, Cell Phone Parts, Mobile Phone Parts Supplier

they sell lcd assemblys for 64 dollars - i've also think ive seen them elsewhere for about $50 if you fancy fitting it yourself.
    To get your pre into usb mode just plug it into the pc and press orange+sym+r

Edit: Haha I'm thick, should really start reading what I write before posting. Thanks Grabber for covering me
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/22/2010 at 12:50 PM.
    that's orange+sym+u unless he wants to reboot it

There have been fairly cheap Pre/Pixi devices on here and on ebay.. that's your best option without a new line.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks! At least I can save my stuff!
    It just sucks not having a phone...
    *sigh* Why do you think Sprint should help you. You dropped the phone. You didn't have insurance. What are you expecting them to do?
    Go on ebay, craigslist, et al. I'm sure you'll find a decent phone. I picked one up for $100 in excellent shape.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Oh No! I pooped my pants. Macy's won't replace them for me. But I don't want to have to spend the money on a new pair. Anyone know where I can buy new pants for relatively cheap?

Ugh... Why did they have to get dirty from my ****?
    bad day at work?
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    restart phone, while plugged in to usb on computer, and hold up volume button while it restarts. you should get a giant usb symbol even if your keyboard doesnt work. i used this method when i bricked the first pre. it is the ONLY thing that it responded to after several hours of trying to doctor it or even get doctor to recognize phone. i still couldnt get my files after i got the usb symbol on the screen but thats because the brain was fried from an incompatible patch when 1.4.1 dropped. (out of MY control so they gave me new phone no charge, btw)

what i'm saying is this is the uber method to force response so you can get your files. id drag the entire contents to you computer, from experience, cuz lots of things dont auto return to your new phone and you wont know which ones will mess with you till its too late .

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    i'd hit up all the trolls who ***** about leaving "evo gets here" on the article comments pages. they'd be cheaper than someone who has a biz selling phones on ebay i'd think. worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Oh No! I pooped my pants. Macy's won't replace them for me. But I don't want to have to spend the money on a new pair. Anyone know where I can buy new pants for relatively cheap?

ROFL. Yep these are the same people who say, if I take my new pants, turn them inside out and look at the bottom of the zipper, I can see one stitch that looks like it is crossed over another stitch - MACY'S REPLACE MY PANTS NOW, THESE ARE FLAWED!
  12.    #12  
    awesome, thank you!
    for 7 dollars a month it would have been repaired. Always there when you need it. Love insurance. And if I never use it,o well I can find 7 dollars a month in my couch.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    I accidently dropped my Pre, the darn slider, I was using one hand to open it, and it popped out of my hand and onto the sidewalk, cracking the screen - the touch screen won't work at all! (side note: any way to get the memory card out of it? I can't import anything onto my computer, because I can't select media sync or usb drive on my pre, because the touchscreen won't work).
    Sprint says it will be $120 to fix the screen. I don't have insurance, and I don't want to pay that much money, when next month or week it could happen again!! And I can't afford the ETF to cancel...
    Anyone know where/how I could buy a used pre or pixi - for relatively cheap?
    I appreciate the help!
    ugh...why did it have to break?
    I come across used Pre's on craigslist all the time in the $100 range...
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post

He did say "when next month or week it could happen again"

Oh wait.... are you saying that too??
    If you pick up a used one, though, make sure it has a good ESN. If the phone doesn't, it can't be activated and you will have to fight the seller for a refund.

I picked mine up on Ebay a few weeks ago, got a gently used Pre in perfect condition and two Touchstone kits for just $160.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    for 7 dollars a month it would have been repaired. Always there when you need it. Love insurance. And if I never use it,o well I can find 7 dollars a month in my couch.
    actually with the insurance u still have to pay $100.00 for a repair and all they do is send u a refurb with a fixed screen and a f*ed up everything else..... creeky buttons no click spacebar and oreo effect to the 3rd power..... i had a BRAND NEW PHONE it was 45days old!!!! so best buy said its outta their hair cuz it was more than 30days even though i used to work there .:sigh:. and sprint store said it was $120.00 and the sprint rep on the phone said i had to pay $100.00 for a refurb..... well thats what happened to me..... they told me physical damage isnt covered.... but thats ok i milked them a few times after words
  18.    #18  
    awesome! lov it
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    actually with the insurance u still have to pay $100.00 for a repair and all they do is send u a refurb with a fixed screen and a f*ed up everything else..... creeky buttons no click spacebar and oreo effect to the 3rd power..... i had a BRAND NEW PHONE it was 45days old!!!! so best buy said its outta their hair cuz it was more than 30days even though i used to work there .:sigh:. and sprint store said it was $120.00 and the sprint rep on the phone said i had to pay $100.00 for a refurb..... well thats what happened to me..... they told me physical damage isnt covered.... but thats ok i milked them a few times after words
    I'm at a loss as to what you are saying.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    with insurance you do not have to pay 100 for repair,,if you are being told that you are being misinformed. 100 just to replace. I have a sprint repair right near my house. I went in there once after I got off the phone with sprint,,told me I had insurance so repair is included. I then went to the store to confirm and it was true.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast