1.    #1  
    I installed this app yesterday and tried it while driving around town and sitting in a parking lot. Each time I used it, it said it successfully ran the GPS Fix, but when I clicked to map it, it failed to show my current location, but rather my location across town where I was a few days ago. The trick of opening VZ Nav, however, forced it to update my location.

That being the case, what is the "GPS Fix" app supposed to fix? I have to think my GPS radio is fine b/c with the VZ Nav trick, it works fine (though I have to close and reopen VZ Nav to get an updated location). GPS Fix says it alleviates the need to use VZ Nav at all, but that wasn't my experience.

Just trying to get an idea of what this can and cannot be used for.
    Have you tried GPS Wrestler?
  3.    #3  
    No. I just read the article about how the GPS Fix was supposed to be the solution for VZ Pre Plus users.
    It's in the official catalog for a dollar.
    Maybe it'll help you.
    I know this has been bugging you forever now.
    GPS Fix keeps the GPS awake, a problem that seems (mainly) limited to Verizon Pre Pluses and somehow connected to the VZ Navigator app. Issues of accuracy involve the fact that Palm has (by default) disabled some of the features of the GPS chip set that can speed a more accurate fix. Search for aGPS and QPST in the forums for a better understanding of the situation and how to address it.

As for GPS Wrestler, my own opinion is that it is a waste of money. It never worked for me without launching VZ Navigator, which itself was the actual thing that woke the GPS, and it didn't keep it awake either. Stick with GPS Fix, which is free, even if you have to occasionally jumpstart your GPS with VZ Navigator. {Jonathan}
    GPS Wrestler, GPS Fix and BFGMaps all had updates today but still don’t play well with each other. By using different combinations of several apps (VZ Navigator, GPS Wrestler, GPS Fix, BFGMaps, Google Maps and YPmobile) I can usually get a fix on my location but generally with a lot of experimentation.

I will say that the accuracy of the GPS in my Verizon Palm Pre Plus is getting better. With the use of these repair applications my reported GPS location within 25 meters or less, where before it was over a mile off or the location of the closest cell tower.

Currently there is no perfect solution to the Verizon GPS problem. We Palm Pre Plus users are still waiting for palm and Verizon to resolve a permanent FIX for this problem.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    All I know is that someone mentioned in a previous post that if you never have run Verizon Navigator on a new phone, then the GPS works just fine. I actually tested this by doctoring my phone and not running Navigator at all...for the last week now my GPS is running without any issues. Interesting so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    All I know is that someone mentioned in a previous post that if you never have run Verizon Navigator on a new phone, then the GPS works just fine. I actually tested this by doctoring my phone and not running Navigator at all...for the last week now my GPS is running without any issues. Interesting so far...
    Very Interesting observation. I wonder if someone can find a way to turn off whatever VZ Navigator turns on so we won't need to doctor our phones to reset the GPS.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    You'll probably get more info if you post questions in it's thread: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ackground.html