1.    #1  
    Hi, first of all im a newb, could someone pls help me, iam having some problem with sym key not producing character the way it should be.

I have a palm pre plus ( qwertz ), recently i use the meta-doctor and change the layout to qwerty through changing the variable CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z

Now, it worked flawlessly, but then i wanted to change back to the original qwertz layout, so i modified the variable again and change it to CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = y

The z and y key revert back to normal but the sym key didnt revert back to the way it suppose to be when i first had the qwertz layout.

For example, when i press the SYM + P, it doesnt give me - but instead it gave me =

Any one can pls help me on this, i really appreciate it, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tekkiberry View Post
    Hi, first of all im a newb, could someone pls help me, iam having some problem with sym key not producing character the way it should be.

I have a palm pre plus ( qwertz ), recently i use the meta-doctor and change the layout to qwerty through changing the variable CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z

Now, it worked flawlessly, but then i wanted to change back to the original qwertz layout, so i modified the variable again and change it to CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = y

The z and y key revert back to normal but the sym key didnt revert back to the way it suppose to be when i first had the qwertz layout.

For example, when i press the SYM + P, it doesnt give me - but instead it gave me =

Any one can pls help me on this, i really appreciate it, thanks
    Two things you can try: First, since you did that modification thing, remove the battery, and see if that work. Second, if the battery pull didn't work, then run a webos utility repair. That should correct any modified or missing thing on the device. If all fails, then a webos doc should fix the problem.

www.palm.com/ROM

Good Luck.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Two things you can try: First, since you did that modification thing, remove the battery, and see if that work. Second, if the battery pull didn't work, then run a webos utility repair. That should correct any modified or missing thing on the device. If all fails, then a webos doc should fix the problem.

Good Luck.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that didnt fix it

Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    The webOS Doctor does not touch the keyboard token in NVRAM.

I'm sure Rod (Mr Meta) will drop shortly by to answer your question.
    If not, send him a PM @rwhitby.
    Thanks, i just sent him a pm, hopefully he will reply soon

Meanwhile, any more suggestion ? I believe there are many palm gurus around here that can give me some suggestion
  4.    #4  
    SOLVED..thanks Rod
    Solution : set the Makefile to have CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = y1