1.    #1  
    no idea what is going on. my phone will ring to the person who is calling, but the pre doesnt ring at all? ***??
    Might not be the phone. My phone did the same thing - in fact I could call out, but incoming calls got routed to a hacker's account. I worked with the fraud department for one week straight. $16,000 of fraud later, they found out that someone had hacked my account and was routing my number to somewhere else. Might be worth checking just to be sure your account isn't compromised.
    Jon makes a good point...

But also... have you made any significant changes to your phone lately? Installed any of the ringer apps? Such as per contact call rejection or one of the other ringer patches?
  4.    #4  
    i did change my data mode to 'evdo rev 0 only' since thats the only way i could access the internet using mobile hotspot. but i put it back to 'hybrid rev a' and it seems to be working properly again, i just cant use the phone as a hotspot... guess i'll have to manually change it whenever i need internet.
    "... Ah, yes, sit back, relax, enjoy the silence..."

Seriously, though, what network are you on, how long have you been on that network, and how long have you had your Pre on that network?

I've had this garbage happening to me with Verizon since 2004... Kyocera w/Palm, Treo 6xx, Treo 755p, and now Pre. I can be sitting at my desk, with my phone right next to my mouse... and it goes "Booooing", to tell me I have voicemail. Voicemail!? The darn thing didn't ring, vibrate or even wink at me!... how the heck is it getting voicemail!

Since it's one of those negative proof things, it's almost impossible to tell how often it happens. I will say it seems to be happening less frequently these days, though...

russ
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    "... Ah, yes, sit back, relax, enjoy the silence..."

Seriously, though, what network are you on, how long have you been on that network, and how long have you had your Pre on that network?

I've had this garbage happening to me with Verizon since 2004... Kyocera w/Palm, Treo 6xx, Treo 755p, and now Pre. I can be sitting at my desk, with my phone right next to my mouse... and it goes "Booooing", to tell me I have voicemail. Voicemail!? The darn thing didn't ring, vibrate or even wink at me!... how the heck is it getting voicemail!

Since it's one of those negative proof things, it's almost impossible to tell how often it happens. I will say it seems to be happening less frequently these days, though...

russ

You have to have a decent enough signal to receive a phone call... but the signal from voicemail as I understand is sent unicode... so even when you have the worst signal you can get notification of voicemail. Thats also why you can text when you cant get email or phone calls.
    Also try re-activating your phone with your carrier. On Verizon, you that by dialing *228, pressing send, and following the prompts. Not sure about other carriers. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre2009 View Post
    i did change my data mode to 'evdo rev 0 only' since thats the only way i could access the internet using mobile hotspot. but i put it back to 'hybrid rev a' and it seems to be working properly again, i just cant use the phone as a hotspot... guess i'll have to manually change it whenever i need internet.
    EVDO rev 0 is data only and is the problem. And I'm surprised that the other posters didn't know. Forcing your device into a data only mode will result in not being able to receive calls. You need to restore the setting to it's default setting to regain the ability to receive calls.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    no idea what is going on. my phone will ring to the person who is calling, but the pre doesnt ring at all? ***??
    Have you used WebOS Quick Install or Internalz to install any packages lately?

Both of them have a serious problem (they call the improperly working Palm applicationManager rescan service) and will cause your phone, messaging, calendar applications to be closed in the background, stopping incoming phone calls, text messages and calendar notifications.

See the post by Jason announcing the bug at http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2585990 and the following post for more details.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    EVDO rev 0 is data only and is the problem. And I'm surprised that the other posters didn't know. Forcing your device into a data only mode will result in not being able to receive calls. You need to restore the setting to it's default setting to regain the ability to receive calls.
    This is correct.
    I'm surprised as well that no one else pointed out that EVDO only is the problem. Go to Phone App and type ##3836# (##EVDO#) and change back to Hybrid Rev A. I think you already said this.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    And the OP already stated that they changed it back from EVDO only.

Thus, if they did that and are still having the problem, we cannot assume this is the issue!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I'm not sure if the OP was still having the issue. I wanted to make it was known that EVDO rev 0 is data only as it didn't seem like the OP or anyone else was aware of that. And as a result no calls would be received. I figured eventually this would come up again as it has in the past and wanted the info out there.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.