Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First & foremost, I'm admitting my stupidity about this. So, I'm sorry, in advance.

I want to listen to content via a program on my Pre (Mormon Channel) thru my car sound system.

I have a Toyota Venza 2010 with a USB port & an auxillary jack.

I routinely listen to my Ipod via the UBS port, no problem.

I have hooked the Pre via an audio cord from the headset port to the auxillary jack, doesn't work.

I have hooked up the Pre via the micro USB port to the USB port in car, doesn't work.

Have attempted to sync the phone via BlueTooth, car recognizes the phone, phone recognizes the car but then get a "no device found" on phone. (yes, the Pre BlueTooth is turned on). So can't play it via BlueTooth.

I get the feeling that there is a glaringly obvious solution, but I guess I'm having a brain fad & can't figure it out...

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    so aux jack with 3.5mm does not work? hmmm, did you put the venza stereo in aux mode?

i am planning to get this car and it would be really bad if i cant use my pre with it!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I have had no problems with a fm transmitter or the little cassette adapter to stream my pre over car stereo. Have you checked the aux cable in another system I am not sure if the cord is specific for Ipad/Iphone and thay might be the problem. My friend has a mercdes with an aux jack and we used a radio shack aux cable and it works fine.

Do you have to select aux mode in your car when you have the jack plugged in? It might be a very simple solution.
    When you plugged in the auxiliary port, did you change the source of the cd player to AUX? This is the only way you can get it to work. Or you can get a head unit with a working AUX port or A2DP bluetooth compatible.
  5.    #5  
    @ john: Yes, using a 3.5mm jack, car is in aux mode, nothing recognized. This is actually my husband's car but I love it & am contemplating buying one for myself! Have had zero problems with the exception of what I have posted. I'm thinking it's operator error...and not the car. Will tell you that my husband had to have Toyota set up his phone (BlueTooth)...kinda' a weird system, but works like a champ for him. And no problems using my Ipod..even shows the name/artist on sound system face plate. And scrolling thru songs on Ipod is a breeze. You will love this car.

@manmouton: Yes, purchased the auxillary cord from RadioShack w/ phone in hand. For what it's worth, the jack works w/ my IPOD in my Honda, so the cord is ok & I also tried an auxillary cord (3.5) which Toyota provided when the car was purchased.

@sothrow: Yes, verified it was on auxillary, even switched the "source/input" to other, i.e. XM, radio, CD changer & back to auxillary to make sure I had it turned on.

So...thanx to all, but still a no go...
    Like mamouton said, you can always get an fm transmitter or tape with a 3.5 jack on it. If you want to go cheap, that's the best way to go. If not, then you might want to buy a new head unit.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. I can listen to an mp3 player(walkman) but not the music on my pre. My receiver just says no music. I thought it was the way the music files were situated, but now I'm not sure. I tried 1) dragging songs straight onto usb drive and 2) putting them in a music folder and neither worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    Like mamouton said, you can always get an fm transmitter or tape with a 3.5 jack on it. If you want to go cheap, that's the best way to go. If not, then you might want to buy a new head unit.
    i dont think this is necessary,

does the jack of the pre work? have you tried using earphones? did it work?

this is really weird... i am pretty sure it is user error too
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Headphones work for me. Maybe it's just a compatibility issue with my receiver, but I'm pretty sure I can plug any usb drive in with music on it.
    try something else via the aux, like your ipod. Aux is simply a way of moving the audio so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. If headphones work anything else should work. Maybe the aux in the stereo doesn't work. Maybe there's a separate volume control for aux that's muted or low? I routinely plug my pre into my ihome through the aux plug and it works perfectly.
  11.    #11  
    I have not tried the headphones/verified the headphone jack actually works...considered that as a source of the problem. I'm on vacation & don't have my headphones w/ me but will try it when I get home. (One of the few times I left home w/out my Ipod/headphones..ugh).

Using a FM transmitter is not an option (although I appreciate the suggestion). There is way too much technology available (in the car) for me to deal with a search for an available FM channel, etc. I have tried this option w/ a previous car & it was just a hassle. I live in an area w/ lots of radio channels & few "available" FM channels.

And yes, it is probably user error, will give it a try in AM, perhaps a nights sleep & the sound fairy will make it all better? One can only hope....
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by manigault View Post
    I have the same problem. I can listen to an mp3 player(walkman) but not the music on my pre. My receiver just says no music. I thought it was the way the music files were situated, but now I'm not sure. I tried 1) dragging songs straight onto usb drive and 2) putting them in a music folder and neither worked.
    I considered this option....sorry to hear you are having what sounds like (pardon the pun) the same problem....
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Update: I have committed a horrible offense. I made an assertion without taking a tiny bit of effort to actually look up if a particular usb device was compatible with my receiver. My pre is not. sorry.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by manigault View Post
    Update: I have committed a horrible offense. I made an assertion without taking a tiny bit of effort to actually look up if a particular usb device was compatible with my receiver. My pre is not. sorry.
    Hey...no problem...I'm the one that can't figure out how to get mine to work...you're doin' fine....
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    try something else via the aux, like your ipod. Aux is simply a way of moving the audio so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. If headphones work anything else should work. Maybe the aux in the stereo doesn't work. Maybe there's a separate volume control for aux that's muted or low? I routinely plug my pre into my ihome through the aux plug and it works perfectly.
    I used my Ipod via the auxillary port about 3 months ago (when I did not have my USB cable w/ me)...worked fine. Have not used the aux. port since then...need to try another device, good suggestion.
    I don't know about the USB ports but mine work with the cassette deal in my car and when I rent a car I use the AUX ports and it worked fine with a factory stereo in a Corolla, Camary, Impala, HHR.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Hi Sherryterry1! I hope it all works out. I use a Radio Shack 3.5 to 3.5 cable between the Pre+ and the front Aux input on my car stereo all the time.

this may sound silly but one thing I did with a bluetooth stereo headset recently - accidentally turned the sound all the way down on the Pre - couldn't figure out why the BT said it was connected and playing when I couldn't hear anything DOH!

Good Luck and enjoy the rest of Vaca! Clarice
  18.    #18  
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!

When hooking my Pre to the "aux" cable & plugging it into the "aux" port, I could not get the sound. I tried it again (after verifying the sound worked via headphones). I had to hit the "aux" button TWICE on my Venza dash. Duh!!! When I read the "writing on the dash" it said "NO BT device recognized for aux", when I hit the button a 2nd time, it worked & the dash read "auxillary" (no BT). So why it would "default" to aux use via BlueTooth is beyond me??? I'm just happy to have it working!!

Thanx again & as originally stated "USER ERROR"!!!!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Glad you found the solution! So many different systems to learn!!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Personally, I like using bluetooth stereo in my car. I get to listen to LatinoHD, RadioTime, and Dr. Podder wirelessly. No need for an aux port. Glad you did find a solution.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast