Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I plan to give the BlueTooth a try....we were traveling & didn't want to hassle w/ setting up the BlueTooth. (I have set up BT in other vehicles, but the Toyota BT is disguistingly difficult, have to go to the dealership. WHY they make something so simple difficult?).

Anyway, thanx, good to know there are programs which are worthy to listen to...
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    it really is great to be able to hook up the pre to my car. I use it daily for phone, gps, music. BT is awesome!!! I just hope that they update the BT stack to enable the Text to speech function! (i have MS SYNC)
    You shouldn't have to go to a dealership to setup any BT device. You just need to find the instructions for what the password would be (most likely 0000 or something similar).

The only other thing would be the deck using the same stack as the Pre. I would assume it does, as a deck we bought 2 years ago now (low end) works with our Pre's for music, and everything else.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You shouldn't have to go to a dealership to setup any BT device. You just need to find the instructions for what the password would be (most likely 0000 or something similar).

The only other thing would be the deck using the same stack as the Pre. I would assume it does, as a deck we bought 2 years ago now (low end) works with our Pre's for music, and everything else.
    We attempted to set up my husband's phone & ended up @ the dealership. We've set up other BT connections w/out a problem...this one is just very finicky. We do have the code, etc...it has more to do w/ the verbal commands which are incorporated w/ the BT. Only likes certain words???? I know, strange but true. I'm going to break out the owner's manual & give it a try in the AM. Will let you know....thanx again!
    Glad to see this works. I love listening to my Pre from my car. In my job, I rent a car 50+ weeks a year, so I travel with a patch (3.5m to 3.5m) and a retractable lighter-to-usb adapter. I've used in across most makes and models over the past year with no problems.

In my 2002 WRX, which has no AUX port, I use a casette adapter. Work great, as well. The only difference is that the mic works with the WRX, but not with the rentals when making calls.

I love the thought of using BT with ASCP for controlling the unit. I actually have a BT dongle that I can plug the patch cord into and sync the Pre's BT to. That way, I can keep the Pre holstered, but control tracks and playback.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    wow WRX came with a tape deck?
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I use a sony deck. It cost about 140 at best buy. Audio qual is good for bluetooth music, preamp out has good gain for those w a subwoofer. Bt Phone profile plays through left speakers. Nice for the price. There is no contact transferring tho. This headunit supports both music and phone profiles, bewaee that some decks will not work with the bt music profile employed on the pre.

edited because I didn't make good sense when I posted before.
    Last edited by Rkguy; 07/27/2010 at 01:29 PM.
    sherryterry1, You mentioned that your husband uses his phone with BT so maybe its defaulting to BT because its what the previous settings where when he left the car... just a thought... glad you got it to work

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    We attempted to set up my husband's phone & ended up @ the dealership. We've set up other BT connections w/out a problem...this one is just very finicky. We do have the code, etc...it has more to do w/ the verbal commands which are incorporated w/ the BT. Only likes certain words???? I know, strange but true. I'm going to break out the owner's manual & give it a try in the AM. Will let you know....thanx again!
    Just was curious, do you have the Touchstone in your car too? If you want the ultimate in the Pre experience in your car, get the TS, but do a search on the appropriate charger and the mod that is needed to make the Charger work correctly with the TS (i.e., soldering Pins 2 & 3 on the charger allows the TS to work). You will undoubtedly be a happy camper like me with the TS in my '06 Civic. Glad you figured out your problem too!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by kquaken View Post
    sherryterry1, You mentioned that your husband uses his phone with BT so maybe its defaulting to BT because its what the previous settings where when he left the car... just a thought... glad you got it to work

Bah didn't even think about that when I read her post.

I know in our car with the BT deck, I have to "close all connections" before connecting the other phone (switching between our Pre's or even with our Centros).
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    wow WRX came with a tape deck?
    Yep! Combo 6-disc CD Changer / tape deck. The funny thing is that I don't think the deck has ever had a real tape in it, only the adapter for the AUX.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    LOL
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Just was curious, do you have the Touchstone in your car too? If you want the ultimate in the Pre experience in your car, get the TS, but do a search on the appropriate charger and the mod that is needed to make the Charger work correctly with the TS (i.e., soldering Pins 2 & 3 on the charger allows the TS to work). You will undoubtedly be a happy camper like me with the TS in my '06 Civic. Glad you figured out your problem too!
    Have 2 TS in the house & bought the 3rd to ultimately use in the car. Haven't had a chance to hook it up but plan to do so...when this freakin' 114 degree heat leaves...it is practically melting the dashboards off the cars!
    Mani - use the aux input instead of the usb input. You should be able to hear anything that you can hear through the headphones through that. It is a simple analog connection, so compatibility isn't an issue. I have it working on both my blaupunkt mp46 (older aftermarket radio) and in my kia.

Sherry, where in VA are you? I might be able to take a look for you if you are in my neck of the woods. I'm in the Fredericksburg area.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12