Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    As technology moves forward this will not be necessary.
    Is there a way to sinc my outlook with my phone. Im conecting my outlook Through a VPN connection on my work computer. Would like to get my calender, and e mail to my phone.
    What's the difference between a Luna Restart and a reboot. When you choose restart is this a reboot? How do you do a Luna Restart?
    Mine hate:

1. Battery Life
    2. The keys too soft
    3. Not metal chasis ( tungsten please)
    4. Screen too small
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    Is there a way to sinc my outlook with my phone. Im conecting my outlook Through a VPN connection on my work computer. Would like to get my calender, and e mail to my phone.
    Is Outlook syncing via VPN to a corporate environment? If so ask your IT guy if you have OWA (Outlook Web Access), if yes then you also likely have EAS (Exchange Active Sync) available to you, ask him to get you connected.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Is Outlook syncing via VPN to a corporate environment? If so ask your IT guy if you have OWA (Outlook Web Access), if yes then you also likely have EAS (Exchange Active Sync) available to you, ask him to get you connected.

Yes it is. I asked for them to get me set up and the only phones they will set up are crackberrys. What do i need to ask for ill call the IT dept back and see if i can get it set up again. Oh and thanks for the help.
    Only thing I don't like about my Pre is that about once a day vibrate stops working. Have to reboot to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    Yes it is. I asked for them to get me set up and the only phones they will set up are crackberrys. What do i need to ask for ill call the IT dept back and see if i can get it set up again. Oh and thanks for the help.
    If IT is only allowing BBs then you are likely SOL as far as using EAS. EAS can be shut off user by user....but if you call IT ask the if EAS is inabled on your account. If so we might be able to get it working using the URL for OWA. PM me about that so we don't take this thread any more off topic.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Back in 1985, the blockheads at Cocacola tested a new product called NewCoke.
    Pepsi drinkers loved it. So they changed the formula of Cocacola and called it NewCoke.
    What a disaster. Management failed to ask their current customers, the Cocacola drinkers, what they thought of the new product. I feel that the management at Palm that developed WebOS failed to ask their customers what was important to them.
    WebOS is very much an iPhone wannabe.
    My 4 year old 700P is still more functional than this Pre. I think I'm going to hang up my Pre and go back to using my 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
    Back in 1985, the blockheads at Cocacola tested a new product called NewCoke.
    Pepsi drinkers loved it. So they changed the formula of Cocacola and called it NewCoke.
    What a disaster. Management failed to ask their current customers, the Cocacola drinkers, what they thought of the new product. I feel that the management at Palm that developed WebOS failed to ask their customers what was important to them.
    WebOS is very much an iPhone wannabe.
    My 4 year old 700P is still more functional than this Pre. I think I'm going to hang up my Pre and go back to using my 700P.
    Well unlike Coke, the existing Palm customers were not the majority of the product segement, and were not enough to support continual growth, thus HP's acquisition.
    I don't know about everyone else, but I have tried blackberries, iphone, windows phones, androids, and after having my pre, everything else just doesn't make any sense. Palms greatest complaints have been in the hardware department, and there have been some pretty big complaints there, however that just shows how great webOS that consumers have still stuck with Palm, and HP bought it.
    1. Verizon GPS Issues
    2. Keyboard
    3. Camera
    4. No SD Card Slot (*** Really)
    5. WebOS lacks many features
    The 5 things I hate about the Pre are:
    1) the hardware
    2) the hardware
    3) the hardware
    4) the hardware
    ...and last but not least...
    5) the hardware
    The Saint
    Over time, many issues have been addressed by either Palm or the Homebrew Community. However, there are many more features that need to be added like Voice Dialing, Voice Search, True Universal Search, True Visual Voicemail, etc. However, despite the Pre's shortcomings, I have NO desire to move to iOS or Android.
    Last edited by sjamie; 07/21/2010 at 10:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    1. Poor Battery Life
    2. Google Maps sucks (compared to iOS and Android)
    3. 80% of the apps suck; Small app selection

Other than that, the phone is awesome...
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post
    because palm needs to sell phones
    And you really think that syncing the old way is going to sell more phones? I don't think so, but to each their own.

The current set of solutions are much more elegant, and aren't restrcited to "Outlook" users.
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
    I will trade you a fully functional (though slightly scarred) 755P and a fully functional, completely unscarred Centro, both for Sprint, for your Pre.
    1) Unreliable. (GPS or freezing or ghost presses, whatever the phone feels like that day)
    2) Build quality (plastic screen.. oreo.. basically feels like a cereal box toy)
    3) sloooow (lags.. chugs.. blaaargh)
    4) Battery life (:watches battery level fall to sound of ticking clock
    5) Keyboard. hate after using others... (love pixis)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    1. The touch screen stopped working on 2 areas and my phone is out of warranty :/
    2. Keyboard. Make the phone a little bigger so the keys on the keyboard have the size of the Shift and Sym keys.
    3. No bluetooth file transfer.
    4. Sometimes it feels kind of slow, even with 800mhz.

And I can't find a 5th reason, even tough it has some defects, I really love my Pre and I would change it only for a new webOS phone. Once you use webOS, all the other phones look so dumb.
    Honestly this is the best phone ive had, lets see if i can think of 5 things i hate about this phone:
    1.Google maps taking to long to load ( googles fault and sprint navi is good)
    2. Ghost presses are annoying

thats all i can think of my hardware is fine i have a launch pre, and i have beat this phone to sh**, im very rough with my phones and this little pebble lasted longer than i thought it would. I even steped on it one day and all i did was crack my touchstone back cover (amazing since im 300+ lbs) also the keyboard is not to small for my big hands i got used to it
    verizon wireless
    The keyboard. I went to the Pre because coming from an Instinct I missed the physical keyboard like I had on my 700w. Well now I realize physical keyboards and sliders don't mix. Physical keyboards only make sense on phones like the Blackberry and Palm Pixi. I grew tired of all the opening and closing.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast