1.    #1  
    Since a while I do have the problem, that the screen turn on randomly after putting my pre in standby-mode. Sometimes it happens so often, that the screen turns on emediatly after turning it of, sometimes it takes minutes.
    A really strange effect is, that the screen is on almost everytime, I take my pre out of the pocket.
    A few days ago I doctored my pre, which didn't solve the problem.
    After I doctored my pre, I reinstalled all my applications and patches, so I cannot tell, if the problem occurs with an unpatched pre.
    Is there anyone who had the same problem?
    I had the same problem. Can you trigger it manually by pressing down on the screen or the corners? That would happen to me, it was hardware related, no amount of doctoring will help, you need a new phone.
    I have the same hardware issue. My phone is almost always on when I pull it out of my pocket.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    I had the same problem. Can you trigger it manually by pressing down on the screen or the corners? That would happen to me, it was hardware related, no amount of doctoring will help, you need a new phone.
    Acctually I can trigger it, but I thought the relation between the triggering and the effect was randomly.
    I wonder if thats covered by my warranty.
    same problem here
    This happened to me. I folded up a piece of thin card and placed it between the battery and back cover... and now it stays off
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    This happened to me. I folded up a piece of thin card and placed it between the battery and back cover... and now it stays off
    I tried that a while ago, but it doesn't works for me.
    A few question.

1. Do you have a stock battery or are you using a centro or other battery? (some baattery do not allow the phone to sleep.)

2. Are you using an activated phone or did you use meta doctor to avoid having to activate. (updating from one webOS version to another on a non activated phone can cause the phone to wake and to search for the network)

3. Do you have an app that does background polling? (some apps that do background polling can cause the phone to wakeup the screen they shouldn't pre programmed that way but it can happen)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    A few question.
    1: I use the stock battery that came with the device.

2: My phone is activated.

3: I belive the only app which I have installed that does that is brightness unlinked and unistalling it doesn't solve the problem.
    Are there any apps you know of that have that problem?
    where can I find brightness unlinked? What does it do?, it is possible that even after removing an app the system could still be trying to open it randomly, if I could get brightness unlinked I could look at the code and see what's causing the issue

EDIT: Did you restart your phone after uninstalling?

EDIT 2: it may be brightness unlinked has leftover some files even after uninstalling.
    Last edited by abegee; 07/25/2010 at 01:30 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Brightness unlinked unlinkes the screen-brightness from the keyboard-brightness and it can be found in preware. I did restart my phone, and I even doctored it. Still not better.

EDIT:

I just doctored my phone and didn't change a thing to it, and the error still occours.
    So, homebrew did not cause this, it has to be a hardware issue.

EDIT 2:

Reason found!
    Let's file this under luck, but I just found out what the sollution is:
    My headphone-jack ist broken.
    Pushing the phone triggers the "headphone is pluged in"-event, wich causes the screen to turn on.
    This also causes the skeaker-funktion to shortly show the headphone icon and then turn to internal speaker again, while making phone calls.
    Last edited by Seddy; 07/26/2010 at 02:15 PM.