Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After a Year of loyal service, my original Sprint Pre has ended its duties as a phone, being replaced by a newer, flashier Android device. Now, even though I'm not planning on using this as a phone anymore, doesn't mean I cant use it for something else.

I ask the great wisdom of the forums, for some ideas. I have no trouble hacking, or even soldering something to mod my Pre, so forum.

What should I do with my Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun26 View Post
    After a Year of loyal service, my original Sprint Pre has ended its duties as a phone, being replaced by a newer, flashier Android device. Now, even though I'm not planning on using this as a phone anymore, doesn't mean I cant use it for something else.

I ask the great wisdom of the forums, for some ideas. I have no trouble hacking, or even soldering something to mod my Pre, so forum.

Send it to me please
    Send it to me. I'll take it off your hands free of charge.

WebOS Internals has a meta-doctor that you can just turn it into a PDA. you could try that.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Um, does it still work? I'm curous as to why you switched to Android???
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I could use a spare
    I'd like one to test with for development, but I have no money. In that case, I say learn how to develop and use it as a test-emulator and write some good apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    you could donate it to a developer so that they can continue to figure out some awesome new stuff that webos can do and push the envelope even further
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    you could donate it to a developer so that they can continue to figure out some awesome new stuff that webos can do and push the envelope even further
    I absolutely encourage this. rwhitby, unixpsycho, or Jason Robitaille are the 3 top people that could probably use one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Burn it. Record it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    Great advice
    STICK IT in the mail to some deserving developer.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    if your altruistic nature should fail and you do not send it to deserving app developer - it makes a nice 8GB music player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I absolutely encourage this. rwhitby, unixpsycho, or Jason Robitaille are the 3 top people that could probably use one.
    Do you think they could use one with a cracked screen?

I have my original one with cracked screen and I just use it to charge spare batteries.
    Donate it to a woman's shelter
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    send it to webos-internals
    Give it to your mom.
    I could use an extra Pre, even one with a cracked screen. Looking to use for parts and also for disecting.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    You could use it as a wi-fi access point, or as a VNC to your computer, or to ur media center.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    keep it, you will be back!
    Paperclip.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast