Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like turtles.
    Well elves on my Pre were on strike they want vacation time and maternity leaves....i was like "stfu noobs and get back to work" and now phone is very laggy. I have a feeling they might have pulled the plug to my profile 5am...sneaky b@stards i tell ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    PREverts
    PREvert [pree•vurt]
    n.
    (from tech)

1. A Palm Pre owner that uses his smartphone to view perverse sexual content from anywhere there is network access.

2. A Palm Pre owner who has such strong feelings for his smartphone he engages in "unnatural" acts with the phone.

source: Precentral dictionary.

LOL!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    /thread jack: Honis-i like your sig, that show ever come on anymore? /*end thread jack/
    No idea, I'm sure reruns still get aired on one PBS station or other. Red (Steve Smith) is doing a tour thingy, more info here: Red Green Nav
    Last edited by Honis; 07/22/2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Can this thread get locked already? How did it get past 4 posts?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    No idea, I'm sure reruns still get aired on one PBS station or other. Red (Steve Smith) is doing a tour thingy, more info here: Red Green Nav
    Show is awesome! It still runs on most (all?) PBS affiliates on either Saturday or Sunday evenings.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoishere View Post
    I've noticed that when my phone is 100% charged and on the Touchstone, the phone will start 'squealing'. Not like a pig so much, more like a car with bad brakes off in the distance - getting never further, nor closer.

So it's either that, or the elves.
    My Pre has a purdy mouth.
    The noises you are hearing are likely harmonics of the switch mode power supply that are created within the coils of the charging assembly. These harmonics are audible harmonics of the supersonic (probably ~300 KHz) switching frequency of the SMPS used in the TS base.
    I'm 50 so I don't hear those any longer but as far as hearing YMMV.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    The noises you are hearing are likely harmonics of the switch mode power supply that are created within the coils of the charging assembly. These harmonics are audible harmonics of the supersonic (probably ~300 KHz) switching frequency of the SMPS used in the TS base.
    I'm 50 so I don't hear those any longer but as far as hearing YMMV.
    This is a perfectly plausible theory of why it makes a bit of noise, however I vote for the elves.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12