1.    #1  
    Just picked up my Pre from the sprint store after i frakked it up trying the SR71 overclock kernel. I had previously had the Thunderbird loaded and was working great, but wanted the little extra boost. After installing the kernel and the phone was rebooting and the when it look like it was about to get into the UI, it rebooted again, after that just hung on the palm screen(not the glowing palm).

Well naturally i waited a bit to no avail, and decided hard reset, that didnt work. Tried webOS repair utility, but it couldnt connect to device. then i said screw, i guess no choice but to see the Dr., ran app and couldnt connect, so tried unplugging phone an plugging back into computer cause the machine would recognize new hardware(omap...) but no go on the Dr....so took it into sprint store.

On pickup, dude powers on my phone w/ a pen and hands it to me, my freakin power button was missing...nice...they replaced that, but on to the good stuff setup profile and finally able to navigate around phone first thing i notice is my additional pages i had added are still there, weird. so i check device info just outta curiosity and webos version 1.3.1 is listed.

They said the reloaded the software, would've thought it would've been the lastest 1.4.1.1, and also to my surprise all my other crap is still on the phone, photos(so glad about that one), music, i mean like everything, besides apps, so it seems like they did a partial erase using 1.3.1 or something so yes...just seems weird to me, but im not complaining
    You could have easily fixed it yourself at home
    OP, from your post it is apparent that you haven't read all the details concerning the alpha kernels. You may have also missed some details on how to properly doctor a non-resposive Pre. You may want to rethink using experimental software if you don't have the time (a lot of time) to delve into the fine details. Just some friendly advice.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    OP, from your post it is apparent that you haven't read all the details concerning the alpha kernels. You may have also missed some details on how to properly doctor a non-resposive Pre. You may want to rethink using experimental software if you don't have the time (a lot of time) to delve into the fine details. Just some friendly advice.
    +1 I seem to have a weak pre that can't take the blackbird kernel. Stuck on "Palm" screen no matter what I did, so I forced USB mode and doctored. Not complicated man.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    +1 I seem to have a weak pre that can't take the blackbird kernel. Stuck on "Palm" screen no matter what I did, so I forced USB mode and doctored. Not complicated man.
    +1 i dont learn quite as fast though, i had to doctor mine twice after trying the blackbird kernel. if you cant fix it yourself, you shouldnt be using it
  6.    #6  
    @jason yea i realize that now after reading morrison's post...but hey im just glad i didnt lose anything.

@chemengr i have read the details about alpha kernels, and do have to time, more than enough actually, but thanx for the advice

@morrison completely forgot about forcing usb mode...but really wouldnt have helped since my volume buttons dont really work...thank you speaker phone app

guess i should've gotten that fix when i took the phone in....oh well