1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Pre, and I have to get it replaced. So I tried to use the Pre Backup Utility, and it didn't work. I ran it for 8-9 hours straight! And it still didn't work, any suggestions except for writing all the info down and then reinstalling it all by hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick c. View Post
    I have a Palm Pre, and I have to get it replaced. So I tried to use the Pre Backup Utility, and it didn't work. I ran it for 8-9 hours straight! And it still didn't work, any suggestions except for writing all the info down and then reinstalling it all by hand?
    You know there is a thread for Pre back up utility right? You should try reading all the posts there first!
    But Save/Restore is also a good option.
    You are probably trying to save to many stuck. Typically, i only save my text messages. The rest can be easily replaced with Save/Restore.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5.    #5  
    I found out what it was, there was a file on there that was created by the Pre Backup Utility that said it was created in 1965! Once I deleted that, it worked in 3 min! Thanks for the help!
    Where did you find the file?
    I was trying to use Pre Backup Utility after resetting my pre using webosdoctor. Just realised the utility is no longer supported. I am in desperate need of help to retrieve backed up text messages.

But when i opened the application it tells me "Import failed" saying "...that the archive has an incorrectly formatted volume label or none at all..."

Can someone help? Is this utility the wrong version that's not compatible with my backup files? Is there another a way of reinstating the backups?

I found a version of the utility in a file "Palmbackup_Service.zip" that contains "com.tntservices.prebkuservice_0.2.0417_all.ipk" and "com.tntservices.prebackup_1.5.0430_all.ipk". I installed these onto my pre using webosquickinstall to get the utility running on pre again.

Appreciate any advise.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mokeeeee View Post
    I was trying to use Pre Backup Utility after resetting my pre using webosdoctor. Just realised the utility is no longer supported. I am in desperate need of help to retrieve backed up text messages.

But when i opened the application it tells me "Import failed" saying "...that the archive has an incorrectly formatted volume label or none at all..."

Can someone help? Is this utility the wrong version that's not compatible with my backup files? Is there another a way of reinstating the backups?

I found a version of the utility in a file "Palmbackup_Service.zip" that contains "com.tntservices.prebkuservice_0.2.0417_all.ipk" and "com.tntservices.prebackup_1.5.0430_all.ipk". I installed these onto my pre using webosquickinstall to get the utility running on pre again.

Appreciate any advise.
    My advice is to use Save/Restore (not sure it'll work with your current backup) and meta-doctor to 2.1 (text messages are now backed up in 2.1)
    I have no advice for Pre Backup utility though, I haven't used that program in a long time
    Sorry
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right