Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I read the article on the homepage about the new GPS Fix app for the VZ Pre Plus. However, I can't find it in the app catalog. Any tips?

<<Mod edit>>
    Find the download link here...
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...sharris.gpsfix
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/10/2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added URL for GPS App
    Appscoop....Search for it in the palm app catalog. Its the 3rd app on Appscoop and Appscoop can be found in the palm app catalog
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I found it in preware then it sent me to the beta app in the app catalog...
    It's in the beta feed. Search for GPS fix in preware and you'll find it
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    I found it in preware then it sent me to the beta app in the app catalog...
    Same here... I tried searching for it in the app catalog by typing it in... then browsed through the navigation apps... couldn't find it.

Found it in preware, click to install it, and it opens the damn app catalog and starts downloading.

So yeah... find it in preware.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Appscoop....Search for it in the palm app catalog. Its the 3rd app on Appscoop and Appscoop can be found in the palm app catalog
    Awesome, thanks! Had no idea that existed. Got the app now.
  7.    #7  
    Hmmm...just ran GPS Fix and it doesn't seem to be doing the trick for me. I tapped "GPS fix" and it came up under Last Ran showing success. When I clicked on "Map It" it placed me at a location where I was yesterday afternoon when I used my GPS.
  8.    #8  
    Well, the GPS Fix updated again and still showed me at the wrong location (across town where I was yesterday). However, when I opened VZ Navigator it updated my location correctly. Oh well...I appreciate all the efforts by those in the developer community to try and fix this thing for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Hmmm...just ran GPS Fix and it doesn't seem to be doing the trick for me. I tapped "GPS fix" and it came up under Last Ran showing success. When I clicked on "Map It" it placed me at a location where I was yesterday afternoon when I used my GPS.
    Set the timer between 10-15mins so it can automatically keep your GPS active. It pretty much wont let your GPS stay idle. Thats all it does. It doesnt "fix your GPS" issues. It just keeps GPS active.
  10.    #10  
    Set the timer between 10-15mins so it can automatically keep your GPS active. It pretty much wont let your GPS stay idle. Thats all it does. It doesnt "fix your GPS" issues. It just keeps GPS active.
    So it doesn't have anything to do with getting a more accurate GPS fix? Thanks for the help.
    So it doesn't have anything to do with getting a more accurate GPS fix? Thanks for the help.
    Nope. Doesnt have anything to do with accuracy. Just keep GPS active.
  12.    #12  
    Nope. Doesnt have anything to do with accuracy. Just keep GPS active.
    Ohhhh, ok. Based on the article on the homepage, I thought this app was supposed to fix the GPS issue in the VZ Pre Plus.
    Ohhhh, ok. Based on the article on the homepage, I thought this app was supposed to fix the GPS issue in the VZ Pre Plus.
    I can tell you right now this will help with accuracy on the Verizon Pre Plus. I used to be 500+ meters now I'm just 25 feet off if that much.

What type of signal are you getting?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I have Sprint. It probably helps Verizon, but for me, it just keeps GPS active.
    I am on Verizon and the GPS Fix has helped a little under some conditions.
    At home and in the car my GPS now locates me within 25 yards of my true location.
    At the office, it still locates me at the closest cell tower.

This is an improvement but it is truly a shame that Verizon has not released a fix for the GPS issue.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I downloaded it, works great. Version .3 or whatever made you open VZNav to work properly, but the v1 update should operate completley standalone. Since I downloaded it, its been fixing at a continous 15min interval, and GMaps, GPSDashboard, etc, all work perfectly and provide accurate and quick fixes.

The app is wonderful!
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Please be sure to post your experiences or issues in the official thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ackground.html

It's hard to find all these runoff threads and keep an eye on them as well.

Well, the GPS Fix updated again and still showed me at the wrong location (across town where I was yesterday). However, when I opened VZ Navigator it updated my location correctly. Oh well...I appreciate all the efforts by those in the developer community to try and fix this thing for us.
    Make sure you get the updated version and the patch now. There are soo many scenarios, paths, and different results that I have seen it is ridiculous. My apologies, but this should be good to go now. The patch allows me to essentially launch VZ Navigator myself (and close it) when the need arises to keep the connection active. It does help in accuracy, but cannot guarantee it. I can assure you it will keep aGPS available to use.

I wish it were a true fix. But, in it's current form, it actually works great.

Quote Originally Posted by gu1l7y5p4rk View Post
    I downloaded it, works great. Version .3 or whatever made you open VZNav to work properly, but the v1 update should operate completley standalone. Since I downloaded it, its been fixing at a continous 15min interval, and GMaps, GPSDashboard, etc, all work perfectly and provide accurate and quick fixes.

The app is wonderful!
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    So....Verizon, Palm Pre, am running latest GPS Fix, and it refers to The Patch.

Where do I find the patch? My LG Chocolate using VZ Navigator was great at finding my location within a few feet. Verizon has really crippled the Pre.
    The patch instructions are in the app itself. You can even email them to yourself.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by ckuttner View Post
    So....Verizon, Palm Pre, am running latest GPS Fix, and it refers to The Patch.

Where do I find the patch? My LG Chocolate using VZ Navigator was great at finding my location within a few feet. Verizon has really crippled the Pre.
    If you really want to take advantage of your Pre, install Preware. Once Preware is installed, you can use it to install the patch, then the app in the easiest possible manner. Otherwise, you can use the other means described in detail in the App itself to get the patch.

I simply used Preware - am now on my 3rd day of GPS simply WORKING in a consistent fashion on my Verizon Palm Pre Plus for the first time since last March. I've tried all of the other fixes with some success - but invariably wound up having to go back to loading VZNavigator, watching my connection bars fall off to zero then waiting until they climbed back to max before declining to buy it. With GPS Fix and the patch, all of my GPS-related apps are now (finally) working - period.

Hope you enjoy similar success.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast