1.    #1  
    I droppped my phone and the power button pinged off and i lost it.

Phoned palm asking if they could send me a replacement (power button) - they flat out refused but I could send my pre off for repair at a cost of 130 ($200).

I could buy a new pre for that!!!!

No love for palm today from me :/
  2.    #2  
    There's lots of threads on people repairing their power buttons and it seem straight forward to pop a new one in - I just can't get one anywhere :/

I can't find any local repair people or stockists of this part.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    have you tried going through O2, there repair prices don't seem to be as expensive as palm's
  4.    #4  
    I'm going to take it into my local o2 shop on Saturday - i believe they send it off to palm for a quotation - hopefully it wont be as expensive as going direct.
    That's exactly what's happened to me and same result from Palm - a bill for 130 fixed no matter what the repair. Let me know how you get on with O2 - using the pre without a power button is a right pain.
    Repair prices are flat fees
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Repair prices are flat fees
    This is the problem where common sense should prevail. I need one new power button which I can pop in myself. Cost - practically nothing (10 would be well over the odds) yet I am expected to pay 130! This seems a little unfair as aside from that I am happy with my Pre.
    Would this not be covered in the limited warranty? Seems odd if it's not
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    Would this not be covered in the limited warranty? Seems odd if it's not
    Apparently not - but I can't complain on that front as I dropped the phone down 4 flights of stairs. Entirely my fault but it would be nice to repair it for a fair cost.
    I have to say, the pre does bounce quite well. I'm amazed mine is still going strong. My button did pop out once after a drop/kick (not a dropkick, just I'm a clutz) but I was able to find it and got it to pop back in. Has a little more wobble than before, but it just has to make it to the next webos device.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1976 View Post
    I droppped my phone and the power button pinged off and i lost it.

Phoned palm asking if they could send me a replacement (power button) - they flat out refused but I could send my pre off for repair at a cost of 130 ($200).

I could buy a new pre for that!!!!

No love for palm today from me :/
    all my replacements/ fixes have been free. You did drop it after all...

Say the power button broke off...and then they will fix it for free, and say you have oreo too...
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    all my replacements/ fixes have been free. You did drop it after all...

Say the power button broke off...and then they will fix it for free, and say you have oreo too...
    Devices are inspected for physical abuse, if that is determined the repair is not done for free, not always a good idea to lie your way through life.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Devices are inspected for physical abuse, if that is determined the repair is not done for free, not always a good idea to lie your way through life.
    I dont lie, my phone has always had slider problems, clicking screen, or severe oreo, just so happens then palm replace things in an effort to fix it ( which it doesnt)

and i think its fair to say the majority of pre's have oreo..

I know you work for palm but come on...over 100 pounds for a power button?
    repair issues aside all i'm after is a fairly priced power button. My search continues . . . .
    I think it's a lie on the same level as saying it costs $200 to fix a power button.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Lies is a strong word...
    But speaking of which. I've had my device sent to Palm UK Repair twice.

First time the Repair note said "Casing replaced". Just happened to have the same scratches mine did (both hard and software issues reported were ignored)
    Second time the fix consisted of a 1.4.0 downgrade with update to 1.4.1 blocked (both hard and software issues reported were ignored)

I'm currently escalated via Level 3 to HQ, which results in...
    complete radio silence for the moment.

I got to that..basically nothing much happens you send it to a different place and they gave me a refurb...which needs to be sent back in... just havnt had the time to call them.

I do feel sorry for their customer service people..im basically a regular with them and I know some of them fairly well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I can totally relate to this.
    Thanks by the way. HQ is taking its time though to get back to me.
    took them a few days to get back to me, i will call them on monday to start again...

the last time they let me use their ups account so i didnt have to pay for shipping, i assume the same will apply this time. Its just so inconvenient sending it, getting it back, setting it all back up, even with save/restore..it still takes a while to get everything back to how you want it