Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Yup, me too, *shrug* Lucky I guess that I was on a new phone, I thought it was me. I think VZW is sending out a satellite styled "bullet" to stop us receiving all those channels illegally...erm, wait, wrong thread, LOL.
    Guys, I just doctored my Pre after not using it for almost a month and this happened 3 times in a row. I may be wrong, but I may have noticed a pattern. I believe I got this notice (your have been logged out) the moment I retried installing an app that the restore process failed to install successfully (most likely because the app no longer exists). The second I clicked "Reinstall", my phone restarted and I had to start the process all over again. In all of those cases, however, I also had overclock kernels installed, specifically, UberKernel and F105. The last time, I made sure I erased the applications that didn't install and I am running the stock Pre kernel and so far, no problems.

But I may be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    Guys, I just doctored my Pre after not using it for almost a month and this happened 3 times in a row. I may be wrong, but I may have noticed a pattern. I believe I got this notice (your have been logged out) the moment I retried installing an app that the restore process failed to install successfully (most likely because the app no longer exists). The second I clicked "Reinstall", my phone restarted and I had to start the process all over again. In all of those cases, however, I also had overclock kernels installed, specifically, UberKernel and F105. The last time, I made sure I erased the applications that didn't install and I am running the stock Pre kernel and so far, no problems.

But I may be wrong.
    OC kernels won't cause this and are unrelated. There may be some glitch with the Palm Profile and apps that aren't available any longer though.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    OC kernels won't cause this and are unrelated. There may be some glitch with the Palm Profile and apps that aren't available any longer though.
    Right. That's my fear: unavailable applications that get backed up and then the restore process tries to re-download. My advise, the minute they fail, DELETE THEM. Do not retry/reinstall. That's when my profile has gotten logged off. So I used the stock kernel for a while, I am now successfully using UberKernel and may try one of the test kernels soon (F105, Warthog, ...).
    I had the same problem op. Half of my files and good apps got wiped out. Luckily, some of my info was saved but it sealed the fate for me and the Pre. I am done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkchomp View Post
    I had the same problem op. Half of my files and good apps got wiped out. Luckily, some of my info was saved but it sealed the fate for me and the Pre. I am done with it.
    That's odd, because you don't have to erase the data on the USB portion of the drive. I didn't lose any data at all and all my apps were reinstalled with my profile or with my Save/Restore.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    But it happened. I lost several bookmarks, all of my texts, several apps, and a few other things preware included.
    This happened to me at work this morning on the ATT network. I had just been playing angry birds, and went to update the angry birds seasons and it kept failing. Then the phone rebooted on its own and said I had been logged out of the palm profile. All my apps are gone. I resigned into the profile, and it started downloading all my apps. I had to stop it as my plan is only 200mb and will have to wait until Im on wifi. Hopefully it didnt download too much before I caught it. Extremely annoying as now my progress of my installed apps is gone and I have to start over. My preware is gone as well as my modeswitcher, yet my theme is still there.
    happened to me last night
    wow this is just weird....
    I just had all my apps and all my data wiped just 20 minutes before the presentation. Had to do a restart and when it came back, everything was gone. My contacts, phone and messaging history were fine, bu all my apps, music and photos were gone.
    my phone will not connect to a signal or data connection... just happened over night?! What's going on?
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Mine just randomly signed out of my palm profile, I was freaking, had no choice but to restart, then I got the dreaded, "you are no longer signed into your palm profile screen, choosing to either restart the phone, or erase data". I restarted again, and logged back in, and thankfully everything seems to be ok, outside of losing preware. Ugh!
    I've had this happen too.. 3 times.. But not since 1.4.5
    not saying this is it.. But what I've noticed is that some folks get affected by this when the OTA update is on it's way to being pushed out..
    but that doesn't mean we will get it soon.. Just a coincidence maybe.. Or wishfull thinking.. One of the two..

sj
    this happened to me tonite..at 3:45 (pacific standard) my pre suddenly restarted itself & told me I was signed out of my profile and either had to restart again or wipe all my data! I opted to restart, & also took out the battery....when the screen came up it asked me to sign into my profile..i did & heres the WONDERFUL part..everything I had came right back AND My app catalog is working again after being stuck for over 2 weeks..AND the phantom app is GONE & all the stuck apps finally & happily updated! I had 15 apps I couldn't use & nothing would download from the catalog. But it's all mysteriously fixed and I am thrilled. Oh...i am on a launch day pre with just basic stuff. No preware, kernal things?...etc...i can barely manage what my pre came with...
    Is this largely with Verizon Pre Plus' or with Sprint Pre's as well?
    This has just happened to me. I am freaking. I can't sign into my profile. I know I am using the right email address and password. What can I do? Please help? I am on my original Sprint Pre. Uberkernal
    Happened to me 2 weeks ago and then again a few days ago. So frustrating...
    Lost all my text messages and call history. Ugh.

I have a Sprint Pre.

(It did start acting funny 2 weeks ago after I installed the force send offline patch and the show full status IM patch--preware couldn't recognize most of my installed apps. and then later that night my phone had the "you must restart and re login to your palm profile" message)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Front-paged to see if we can get some more data points

Same thing happened to me a week ago (some days after 1.5 update). First time Pre (Germany). Never had a problem with it. Everything, backuped at profile, came back. The rest I took from my own backup (daily rsync) and save/restore. My free apps I just copied from the rsync backup.
    It happened to me today. Sprint Pre. Still on 1.4.5. Leading up to this, I had multiple Too Many Cards failures.
    The apps aren't showing, but by the memory usage they are still there.