1.    #1  
    Today I was at work and slid open my pre only to notice two pieces of metal sticking out from between the two oreo halves. They are slightly curved and about a quarter of an inch long with one slightly longer than the other. They cover up the ''i'' key but I can push them back up out of the way so I can type. Each time I close and open the phone again they are sitting there. Has anyone else had this issue? I have been to the sprint store but they keep telling me that's it's ''physical damage'' and so they aren't responsible for helping me. I am a little peturbed by this and wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks.
    Picture!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebmstyle View Post
    Today I was at work and slid open my pre only to notice two pieces of metal sticking out from between the two oreo halves. They are slightly curved and about a quarter of an inch long with one slightly longer than the other. They cover up the ''i'' key but I can push them back up out of the way so I can type. Each time I close and open the phone again they are sitting there. Has anyone else had this issue? I have been to the sprint store but they keep telling me that's it's ''physical damage'' and so they aren't responsible for helping me. I am a little peturbed by this and wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks.
    I can't seem to post a link but a couple of days ago someone else posted on a similar issue. Try using Search and type in the word "wires" and you should see a series of posts and pictures describing a similar problem. It's listed on the Palm Pre forum and reads as follows:

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/254784-ahh-wires-sticking-out-my-screen-help
    Last edited by qwiklight; 07/21/2010 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebmstyle View Post
    It's a failure of the internal slider mechanism. Has happened to a number of people. It's no fault of the user.

The Sprint employees are lying to you. Escalate it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals