Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    He said he could not do that because I voided my Pre's warranty with homebrew lol (he saw my 4x4 icons)
    Wha? What kind of bs is that? For a year now I have been under the impression that homebrew doesn't void the warranty?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Wha? What kind of bs is that? For a year now I have been under the impression that homebrew doesn't void the warranty?
    You have been under the correct impression. Homebrew DOES NOT void the warranty.

The only potential exception to this is damage as a result of OC'ing your phone.
    Lol "This is the first time we have ever heard of this" Palm and Sprint are a hive mind and all employees share the same memories. I have taken my Pre to sprint when a screw fell out and I asked for a replacement. The Sprint guy managed to put the screw back in. I told him it was just going to fall out again (it did a few days later) and I wanted an exchange. He said he could not do that because I voided my Pre's warranty with homebrew lol (he saw my 4x4 icons)
    That seems like the middle finger of the year
    OK so i was opening my phone today(sliding it of course) and it was rough to open and i couldn't figure it out until i had better light.. well come to find out the roughness was from a small screw inside my phone and i have no idea what it is from but i was able to gt it out with a little bit of force. i was also wondering if I was the only who had this issue?
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <threads merged>
    mine was first :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by crsman15 View Post
    mine was first :-(
    Well, not quite.. the first post of this thread is 7/20/10 (your post is 8/26). Start at the first page of this thread and read through for comments about this issue and you can see others have experienced it too, but with no side-effects (luckily). If you have questions or comments about the merge, please PM me.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/26/2010 at 06:12 AM. Reason: typo
    So just a follow-up: my tiny mystery screw worked its way out today, as well. I'll be stopping by the Sprint store to see if they're still doing returns -- I pay for their mostly all-inclusive phone protection plan. Before I do so, question: have any of you who are short a few screws (he he) seen additional problems in the event you could not get a new Pre?
    <--screw fell out of replacement Pre
    <--phone started to come apart

I took it to the repair shop, they opened it, tightened the second screw and replaced the original one free of charge.
    My screw fell out last night....well, I didn't know what was going on until this morning. It took several hours for it to finally work it's way out to where I could grab it. I then took the battery out and looked and found a spot where a screw went and installed it, but it was on the opposite side of where it came out. I looked some more and realized another one must have come out as well!! NICE!!!

I think I'll be calling sprint about this. This is my 6th Pre since originally buying it in Aug 2009....I'm not impressed!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12