1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I know the why and and I understand the explanation, the how is beyond my ability.

Take care,

Jay

Palm Pre Busts Previous Speed Record at 1.2 GHz [SR71 Blackbird Kernel Gets Palm Pre Up To 1.2 GHz]
    Posted July 20th 2010 by Steve Andersen

Palm Pre Busts Previous Speed Record at 1.2 GHz [SR71 Blackbird Kernel Gets Palm Pre Up To 1.2 GHz] Ľ TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities

Okay, so it was only just a couple weeks ago where I told you that a homebrew kernel managed to get a Palm Pre to clear a full gigahertz in speed, but it seems a new speed record competitor has just managed to make that look sick. The new kernel behind it all carries the thoroughly martial name of the SR 71 Blackbird.

The SR71 Blackbird kernel manages to get the Palm Preís admittedly rather old processor to 1.2 GHz, which in turn cranks the processor up to a whopping double its original processor speed, and this is actually something of a problem.

See, the Palm Pre has this onboard speed scaling mechanism to keep the processor from running too hot and melting down into a gooey sort of hot microprocessor cobbler. And of course, when youíre running at fully double your speed, you can expect that failsafe to cut in a little more often. And naturally, the original battery wasnít designed to support running at double normal speed for too long, so thatís another issue.

But still, itís a nifty idea, and if you want to trick out a Palm Pre, the SR71 Blackbird kernel should be just what you want.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    offtopic:

Jay, i understand why you made your signature cap, but to tell you the truth it's the reason i hadn't read it t'ill now, it's hard on the eyes.. Today for the first time i thought to myself "he posts alot of good articles, i'll read through his sig, it might be interesting."..

Just wanted to let you know I thought it was counter productive..

take care,

Nima
  3.    #3  
    Hi, Thank you. The reason I have in Caps is two fold!

1. Fibromyalgia, is a horrible disease, it drains you of energy, it suck the life out of you and leaves you in horrendous pain, I should know, I was diagnosed 13 ears ago, as was my Mom.

2. I am 54, most of my friends need their glasses and can never remember where they are, so we end up typing in caps to each other all of the time. I don't need to worry about the lost glasses issue. I had Lasix surgery 10 years ago. I have not needed glasses at all since then. I wore glasses when I was 11 and started wearing contacts when I was 12. Now I am free of all of it...Of course, I also get to say to them all you are so old you can't manage without your glasses...(you mean having Lasix surgery doesn't actually make you younger)???, LOL!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  4. OrR
    Rather old processor?! It's still a ******* Cortex A8!
    i wanna see the you tube of this thing in motion lol
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I just went to the 1Ghz kernel yesterday but im still a bit too scared to try this one... insane how much the homebrew community has turned the technologically ancient Sprint Pre into a pretty competitive beast... thanks guys!
    Now we need to have someone mod their Pre with a mini fan to cool it down.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by atl10pnr View Post
    Now we need to have someone mod their Pre with a mini fan to cool it down.
    What about liquid cooling? It does allow MASSIVE overdriving of a computer chip. Here is a 1/4" water block for a chip.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I was at .8ghz, went up to 1.2ghz, but it kept crashing, so i'm now at 1ghz...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    my pre plus is running 1.2ghz and sooo far everything is great no bugs or anything like that. And I love to open and keep my cards on the background atleast 15 cards open ( phone, fb, messages, smiles faces, jstop, netstat, pecentral, mail, music, pandora, videos, preware, memos, subway map ) all of them running on the backgroung and drain of batt is not so much cus when I don't use pandora or anything todo w data I like to turn off my data and I still keep all 15 cards open on the background.
    1.2ghz was really nice though, i felt the difference from 0.8ghz... 1ghz isn't quite as nice, I'll try it again at a later build...
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    Rather old processor?! It's still a ******* Cortex A8!
    It was cutting edge a year ago. Just shows how insanely fast the mobile market is developing.
    Next thing I'll probably see posted is... "And it dies a big firey explosion". lol