1.    #1  
    I have been more than frustrated with MyTether after having paid for its services.

until the release of 1.3.5, it was near flawless. I have had it working since but the connection has been slow, just above dial-up quality. After trying to get it working again and using the command line supplied by the dev it works, kinda. Again it is really slow.

does mobile hotspot have WI-fi tethering or is it just usb tethering? is it that much better than mythether as everyone seems to be claiming, I would think that the paid services would be of better quality but it seems the dev has diapered and there is no more support.

Just need some input before I throw out MyTether and the money that I have spent on it.

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Mobile Hotspot has wi-fi tethering, and is easy to set up and use. I don't use tethering much so I wasn't going to pay for it, but I don't need anything more than Mobile Hotspot!
    Quote Originally Posted by kquaken View Post
    I have been more than frustrated with MyTether after having paid for its services.

until the release of 1.3.5, it was near flawless. I have had it working since but the connection has been slow, just above dial-up quality. After trying to get it working again and using the command line supplied by the dev it works, kinda. Again it is really slow.

does mobile hotspot have WI-fi tethering or is it just usb tethering? is it that much better than mythether as everyone seems to be claiming, I would think that the paid services would be of better quality but it seems the dev has diapered and there is no more support.

Just need some input before I throw out MyTether and the money that I have spent on it.
    I just used mobile hotspot on my Pre plus from att and it was so simple to do and it works wirelessly...

Well, MHS is a paid service...that is currently being offered for free on Verizon. It's available with the help of some patches on Sprint. It is quite easy to install and use, just turn on IP forwarding and off you go.

That said, the use of MHS on Sprint could be broken anytime Palm releases an update so there is no guarantee that your MHS will continue to work. However, it doesn't particularly look like the MyTether developer is that committed to making that program work either, so between the choice of "free" program that may break when the Palm app updates but is likely to be "fixed" and "paid, I mean....donation" program that may break or just flat out not work and is not that likely to be fixed, well...I think it is a no brainer.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM

I have been using My Tether since day one it came out and could be paid for. I love it! I have installed it and doctored my phone about 10 times. Works great every time. Just reinstalled again about 3 days ago after another doctor. My Tether works great. You may want to check your methods of installing and doctoring/cleaning upi your phone before installing.
    MyTether has never been worth it. I'll keep my 'donation' money, thank you.

I've never had any problems out of MHS on my Sprint Pre. It works flawlessly (and free).
    Not just no, but HELL no.

Getting MyTether to actually work is extraordinarily difficult lately, and the "support" you're supposedly paying $14.95 for is nonexistent.

FreeTether and/or MHS are far better solutions, and are free. It's a no brainer.