Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    it seems like every page I load in the Help application gets a "Failed to load the requested page" error. I can watch the help videos but the text doesn't work. Any suggestions?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickel3956 View Post
    it seems like every page I load in the Help application gets a "Failed to load the requested page" error. I can watch the help videos but the text doesn't work. Any suggestions?
    Try a battery pull, or run a utility on the device. Mine was the same, but that was cause by a patch. (Clipcarl's)
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickel3956 View Post
    it seems like every page I load in the Help application gets a "Failed to load the requested page" error. I can watch the help videos but the text doesn't work. Any suggestions?
    Do you have any patches?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4. #4  
    The battery pull simply is not the answer to every small issue. If you have either the iPhone spoof or adblock (hide ads) patch installed, both are known causes of giving you the error. Simply turn off those patches and you will be fixed.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/20/2010 at 05:35 PM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickel3956 View Post
    it seems like every page I load in the Help application gets a "Failed to load the requested page" error. I can watch the help videos but the text doesn't work. Any suggestions?
    About a week or so ago I had this exact same problem. The moderators here provided the following:

    Here's a link that discussed/solved the issue recently:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...und-error.html

    The two patches known to cause this error are the iPhone Spoof Patch and the Hide Ads Patch.

    I didn't have the iPhone Spoof patch installed but I did have the Hide Ads Patch. As soon as I removed that patch, I had my Help Ap working again.

    Good luck.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The battery pull simply is not the answer to every small issue. If you have either the iPhone spoof or adblock (hide ads) patch installed, both are known causes of giving you the error. Simply turn off those patches and you will be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post


    About a week or so ago I had this exact same problem. The moderators here provided the following:

    Here's a link that discussed/solved the issue recently:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...und-error.html

    The two patches known to cause this error are the iPhone Spoof Patch and the Hide Ads Patch.

    I didn't have the iPhone Spoof patch installed but I did have the Hide Ads Patch. As soon as I removed that patch, I had my Help Ap working again.

    Good luck.
    It's a bit more than that. I just did it on my device because I wanted to know the answer.

    First you must remove the Ad Blocker patch and or the iPhone Spoof patch, then you must turn Dev mode off. After restart you'll be able to access the Help app.

    *and a battery pull, or run a utility? on the device will not fix this problem*
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  7. #7  
    Strange... I have never turned off the Dev Mode since I first started Homebrewing and have never had issues like that. Well if that's what it needed on yours, it's good info. Thanks!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Strange... I have never turned off the Dev Mode since I first started Homebrewing and have never had issues like that. Well if that's what it needed on yours, it's good info. Thanks!
    Yeah, I removed the Ad Blocker patch first and did a Luna restart. When I tried to open a few tips with the help app they would appear for a split second and then the big yellow triangle would appear with the message that this page failed to load. I did this several times and then decided to try turning off Dev mode. After restart, all was fine. Maybe it's different if you've never turn Dev mode off. I don't know.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  9.    #9  
    thanks for the help, all of your advice fixed the problem. I do have the Ad Blocker patch. After removing that I did a restart and still had a problem. I did a battery pull and it fixed it.

    thanks again!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The battery pull simply is not the answer to every small issue. If you have either the iPhone spoof or adblock (hide ads) patch installed, both are known causes of giving you the error. Simply turn off those patches and you will be fixed.
    It works for almost all of the phones problem.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    It's a bit more than that. I just did it on my device because I wanted to know the answer.

    First you must remove the Ad Blocker patch and or the iPhone Spoof patch, then you must turn Dev mode off. After restart you'll be able to access the Help app.

    *and a battery pull, or run a utility? on the device will not fix this problem*
    Really, ask the op what fixes his/her problem.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    It works for almost all of the phones problem.
    Then I guess we don't need the forums anymore since that's the answer to everything (just kiddin ya) There are LOTS of little issues like this that are well documented as being caused by specific patches and or app conflicts. If a battery pull fixed everything we wouldn't have these threads detailing specific fixes.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/20/2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Really, ask the op what fixes his/her problem.
    Ok Ok but the Ad Blocker patch had to be removed first.

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Then I guess we don't need the forums anymore since that's the answer to everything (just kiddin ya) There are LOTS of little issues like this that are well documented as being caused by specific patches and or app conflicts. If a battery pull fixed everything we have these threads detailing specific fixes.
    I guess from now on we can just say, "Do a battey pull and call me in the morning". LOL
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  14. #14  
    I know that a battery pull might not solve every issue(s) However, it sure do sometime. Lol
    There will always be problem that will need further assistance....by professionals on the forum. Our jobs as forum helpers will not be fade out. Besides, the forum need more helpers like "YOU"

    Take care.
    Last edited by rush; 07/20/2010 at 07:14 PM.

Posting Permissions