1.    #1  
    is there a setting to default all google calendar items to have reminders?
    I don't believe so
    On the phone, you can select the default reminders. It's in the preference menu. There's also an option at calendar.google.com.
    Are you talking about in the webOS Calendar or in the Google Calendar itself?

On Google you need to look at the "Notifications" section of the detail calendar Settings and "Add a reminder". On webOS you can set a "Default event reminder" for all calendars (not just Google-synced calendars if you have other calendars too).
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Are you talking about in the webOS Calendar or in the Google Calendar itself?

On Google you need to look at the "Notifications" section of the detail calendar Settings and "Add a reminder". On webOS you can set a "Default event reminder" for all calendars (not just Google-synced calendars if you have other calendars too).
    Can I switch to webOS calendar? The problem I have with Google calendar is it changes the time of my appointments.

For example, I live in Orlando, but travel all over. If I put an appointment on my calendar when in Orlando and then travel to another time zone, it alarms me based on my Orlando time zone. So a 9:00 AM appointment in LA will alarm at 6:00 AM, once I arrive in LA, not 9:00 AM. It drives me crazy.

I was in Chicago last week and entered some appointments into my Google calendar. Then when I got home to Orlando, they were all off by 1 hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by sara c View Post
    Can I switch to webOS calendar? The problem I have with Google calendar is it changes the time of my appointments.

For example, I live in Orlando, but travel all over. If I put an appointment on my calendar when in Orlando and then travel to another time zone, it alarms me based on my Orlando time zone. So a 9:00 AM appointment in LA will alarm at 6:00 AM, once I arrive in LA, not 9:00 AM. It drives me crazy.

I was in Chicago last week and entered some appointments into my Google calendar. Then when I got home to Orlando, they were all off by 1 hour.
    Sorry, I'm not following what you mean by "switch to webOS calendar". The webOS Calendar is the calendar on your Pre, the Google calendar is the one you keep on the web (and PC/MAC/whatever). These are two separate calendars, but they will "sync", which means transfer events entered on one to the other. I haven't used the Pre Calendar a lot for traveling, but I believe the Pre will know what time zone you are in and adjust the Calendar accordingly. Google (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $doesn$'$t$ &$quot$;$know$&$quot$; $where$ $you$ $are$, $so$ $it$ $can$'$t$ $adjust$ $the$ $times$ ($although$ $I$ $think$ $you$ $can$ $manually$ $change$ $your$ $time$ $zone$ $in$ $the$ '$Settings$', $which$ $is$ $probably$ $what$ $you$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $when$ $you$ $travel$).