Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I tried to fire up MHS the other day and got this error:

Verizon Pre+, I checked to see if the 3G Hotspot feature was still included online, but I am out of ideas. I haven't called support yet, they are usually useless.

Any ideas?
    Just checked my own VZW Pre+ and I'm not seeing that error. I know this sounds simple, but did you try restarting the phone? Were you maybe roaming on another carrier's network at the time?
    I got that message once, tried again and it worked fine. When my phone gets hinkey (rarely) I do as pre-fan suggested: restart it.
    Im on my third pre. Every time i reinstall MHS (sprint phone) i get that message. I just click through it and connect anyway no problems.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    My MHS has only worked for me one time. Every other time I turn it on, it just keeps searching and searching but never turns on. I really needed it this weekend and I was pretty ****ed that it didnt work. Anyone else run into this problem before? This is the first complaint I've ever had with this phone aside from battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by LHKJohn View Post
    My MHS has only worked for me one time. Every other time I turn it on, it just keeps searching and searching but never turns on. I really needed it this weekend and I was pretty ****ed that it didnt work. Anyone else run into this problem before? This is the first complaint I've ever had with this phone aside from battery life.
    Are you using it on VZW or another carrier?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Are you using it on VZW or another carrier?

Verizon. This actually happened to me when I tried to turn on WiFi for the first time too. Never turned on for me until a few days layer. I thought I was doing something wrong at first, but then it just turned on by command one day, and I've been able to toggle on and off at will since then. Wierd.
    i'm having some issues with other devices being able to connect and use the MHS. MHS would detect devices and acknowledge the connection but the devices cannot surf, stream music or anything else. The other day it worked flawlessly at work as I got 3 iPhones and a Blackberry Bold to connect but today it connected but none of the devices would work. Tried retarting and battery pulls and even had my friends restart their devices as well but no luck. Any ideas?
    MHS profile got corrupted. You just need to re-input the information. It's 30 sec fix. Goodluck.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    MHS profile got corrupted. You just need to re-input the information. It's 30 sec fix. Goodluck.
    Oh man, I can't believe I overlooked the fact that the Network name wasn't even defined! I just tried to turn the MHS on and just saw the error message.
    I had the same problem. Somehow the network name got deleted. re-entering the network name solves the problem.