Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So I got my Verizon Pre Plus and tried taking it apart, successfully got at the comm board, but now I couldn't get the keyboard bezel to fit again, in particular the two top hooks along the mid section of the phone to latch back into place.

Anyone know how to get them back in?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it back in. Turns out the trick is flex the keyboard bezel like no tomorrow, then slide them in first before snapping the entire bezel in.
    Yeah, you need to slide them in from the bottom - see my Pre disassembly thread for details.

-- Rod
    Also another question for Sprint/Verizon cross-flashers...

Do you notice that the light stays on when an app is open? I checked my Verizon Pre Plus and it has been crossflashed with Sprint doctor, and it seems to does that.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Also another question for Sprint/Verizon cross-flashers...

Do you notice that the light stays on when an app is open? I checked my Verizon Pre Plus and it has been crossflashed with Sprint doctor, and it seems to does that.
    I figured that was expected behavior, to tell you where to tap to go into card view (if you're not going to do the up swipe) since there's no more white button.

But yes, mine does the same.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I got another good Verizon Pre Plus and a Sprint Pre with a cracked screen and did the surgery more successfully this time. The keyboard is much better on this one. I will be selling off my first experiment, as well as my Verizon Pre (nonplus) with a cracked screen, on eBay.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    The keyboard on the new one is just right. The second time performing this surgery was much easier than the first time.
    I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on the process to use to do this. I've purchased a broken Sprint Pre off eBay, that as far as I know has a clean ESN (it won't hold a charge, so hopefully the radio is intact). I'm going to purchase a Pre Plus with or without a bad ESN. I have an existing Pre that I'm not going to touch as it's under warranty for another year.

My question is, what steps should I take to create a Sprint Pre Plus out of what I have? Do I try to activate the broken Sprint Pre first? My thoughts are that I could read the tokens from the Sprint Pre, move the radio board, and then metadoctor the tokens onto the Pre Plus and then apply the standard Sprint 1.4.5 doctor and activate it as normal?

All said, it would be nice if someone could write up a definitive step by step process to doing this. I understand that most of the steps are in this thread in various posts, but to summarize it all would be handy. My real question is regarding when to activate it onto my Sprint account, and when to swap the board (before or after metadoctoring etc).
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    My problem is that I don't have the HEX/DEC #'s to reactivate my phone any suggestions?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234