1.    #1  
    I have been reading a couple of threads and searching online, but still can't find any solution. For some reason my Palm Pre behaving strangely. Phone web browser randomly refreshes or reloads the web page. Seems like the web browser does it in every minute. I purchased my Palm Pre few weeks ago from CallHut through dealrocker.com discount deal. Can anyone help me to fix this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Sometimes pages will auto-refreh automatically, yes, but it's not supposed to be as often as your phone is doing it.

It might be a refurb.
    There's a hash code that you can use to find out, but I forgot what it is.
    Somebody else here is sure to know....
    It's a bug and a major cause of slow down. Fingers crossed Palm will fix it in the next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    It's a bug and a major cause of slow down. Fingers crossed Palm will fix it in the next update.
    Yeah, the auto-refresh is a well-known bug (due to poor memory management), but the OP's problem is that it's happening alot more often than that bug.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Use the Patch in Preware to stop the auto-refresh when idle...it stops it.
    Hash code is ##786#. Look for an entry in RECONDATE and RECONDSTATUS.
    To enter the code, bring up the phone app and enter the hash code. If it's a refurb it may have the Shake To Refresh browser patch installed.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thanks, Nacho.
    I just couldn't remember that code.

I hope the OP's reading this.
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Use the Patch in Preware to stop the auto-refresh when idle...it stops it.
    Which patch does this? I thought there was something like that but looked for it recently and couldn't remember what it was called...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    It's called No Auto Refresh After Idle

Look in this list:

dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hmmmm.... well found it in list of everything, and I already have it installed. But I still get page reloads for no apparant reason, guess it would happen even more often without the patch.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    And you don't have the Shake to Reload patch installed, or a multi patch that possibly has Shake to Reload as part of it (I don't know if there's any multi patches out with that in it)?
    Searching dbsooner's web patch portal site I didn't find any multi patches with Shake To Reload incorporated in them.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by alicefred View Post
    I have been reading a couple of threads and searching online, but still can't find any solution. For some reason my Palm Pre behaving strangely. Phone web browser randomly refreshes or reloads the web page. Seems like the web browser does it in every minute. I purchased my Palm Pre few weeks ago from CallHut through dealrocker.com discount deal. Can anyone help me to fix this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Does this occur on every site, or just specific ones? It happens to me all the time on the full Engadget site, and it did happen on another, although for the life of me I can't remember which site it was.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Mine auto-refreshes on the full engadget web site, it is so annoying. Yes I can use the mobile version of engadget or the engadget app... but it didn't do this in the past. I have the no refresh after idol patch installed and DO NOT have the shake to refresh patch. Any ideas how to fix?
    Last edited by jgs9455; 08/09/2010 at 02:02 PM.
    definitely look for that "shake" patch. I found it so sensitive that it was constantly reloading... took it off right away. However, the "don't refresh pages coming out of cardview" should be the first thing anyone installs from Preware. The autorefresh thing is one of the dumber default behaviors to come out of Palm...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I triple checked, I do not have the shake patch installed. It only happens on engadget so far that I can tell.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Fixed with 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by jgs9455 View Post
    Fixed with 1.4.5
    That would be GREAT!
    Has anybody had any web pages auto-refresh while minimized since 1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I was just saying pages like Engadget (fullsite, not mobile) no longer keep refreshing for me after updating to 1.4.5. I have the patch that stops auto-refresh while minimized.
    Oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgs9455 View Post
    Fixed with 1.4.5
    It is absolutely not fixed in 1.4.5. I've been running it for three weeks and it's always doing it, less frequently perhaps but it still does it.