Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Are the two still incompatable? The last I knew, the two conflicted with each other.

I want to give screenstate a try but having no keyboard backlight just won't do.
    You can have Brightness unlinked with the screenstate governor running so long as the screen backlight is 10 or above. This goes for even if you don't have BU. If you use the reduce minimum brightness patch it has to stay 10 or above as well.

I dont believe the keyboard backlight setting effects the governor, but dont hold me to that, i havn't messed with it (my keyboard light stays set at 10 in BU).
    Goofy,
    You have run it at 10+? I understood that B.U. had to be at 20+ and have set mine at 22.
    If it works for you at 10+ I will do the same.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Footr View Post
    You can have Brightness unlinked with the screenstate governor running so long as the screen backlight is 10 or above. This goes for even if you don't have BU. If you use the reduce minimum brightness patch it has to stay 10 or above as well.

I dont believe the keyboard backlight setting effects the governor, but dont hold me to that, i havn't messed with it (my keyboard light stays set at 10 in BU).
    This is a bit of a bummer as I find even 0% brightness too bright.
    Well that explains why I could never get the screenstate working...
    Unless I'm outside, I always keep mine at 0% brightness and, like schlk21, often find that to be too bright.
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Goofy,
    You have run it at 10+? I understood that B.U. had to be at 20+ and have set mine at 22.
    If it works for you at 10+ I will do the same.
    Yes, i tried 2, 3, and 5 and all of them would revert back to 500Mhz after the first screen turn off. I set it to 10 and mine works now as it should.

I used to keep my BU set to screen:0 keyboard:10

now its at screen:10 keyboard:10...until they *hopefully* fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    This is a bit of a bummer as I find even 0% brightness too bright.
    I agree, i drive at night a lot with trapster and 10% is glaringly bright, even 0% is too bright in my opinion.

Course trapster could help too by adding a night mode like many GPS's offer.
    i am running the reduce patch and BU

screenstate is able to work for me at 4%
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    i am running the reduce patch and BU

screenstate is able to work for me at 4%
    Did you confirm using WOSQI command line to check the clocks?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Well, I've been messing around with the screenstate govenor, Brightness Unlinked (with reduced brightness patch), and WOSQI command line cat proc/cpuinfo to determine if everything is working correctly.

For a few tests, I set BU to a few different levels, then restarted Luna, checked the clock speeds with the screen off an on.

The results? All settings work. I can now have the best of both worlds: minimal screen backlight and a screenstate govenor that switches between 125 MHz and 800 MHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Well, I've been messing around with the screenstate govenor, Brightness Unlinked (with reduced brightness patch), and WOSQI command line cat proc/cpuinfo to determine if everything is working correctly.

For a few tests, I set BU to a few different levels, then restarted Luna, checked the clock speeds with the screen off an on.

The results? All settings work. I can now have the best of both worlds: minimal screen backlight and a screenstate govenor that switches between 125 MHz and 800 MHz.
    Interesting. After i installed the screenstate governor the other night it actually DID work while it was set on 2% for a while, however after charging overnight on the touchstone i wasn't able to get it to work again at anything under 10.

I may have to mess around again with the BU settings and see if i cant get it to work.
    Mmk. I dropped it down to 4. Worked for the minute or two i messed with it, then i thought, lets try 0. 0 didnt work. 1 didnt work. I switched to 2 and it worked like 4 did so i thought id leave it and see.

It worked for the first few mins while turning the screen on and off. Then after letting the phone sit a few mins untouched with the screen off, i turned it back on to find that it had reverted back to 500Mhz until i changed the brightness back up. Im back at 10 now, its the only low setting that continues to work for me.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    That is pretty strange how it works for me and not you.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Mine works at 0. I'm at 1GHz and 0 brightness right now.
    Ok. Let me see.

Do you guys have reduce minimum brightness patch, BU, and BU at startup patch enabled?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Footr View Post
    Ok. Let me see.

Do you guys have reduce minimum brightness patch, BU, and BU at startup patch enabled?
    All 3, yep.
    Alright. Guess it's a case by case thing, because i know others have similar problems as me. Guess i'll wait till the next release.
    im on f105 1GHz and it works pefectly at 0 brightness screen 5 keyboard
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    im on f105 1GHz and it works pefectly at 0 brightness screen 5 keyboard
    This is why I wanted to know, I wanted to try a screenstate 500/1005 but didn't want to give up Brightness Unlinked.

I installed F105 today, but I'm not sure I like the results. Too much current draw...