Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    whats the command line to remove the original 800mhz kernel. The instructions from the original post have been removed.

Thank you

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    i believe if you open preware and type in kernel it will bring up the original pre kernel for going back to stock .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i believe if you open preware and type in kernel it will bring up the original pre kernel for going back to stock .
    will that do the same thing. I don't have uberkernel installed, I manually installed the 800mhz kernel using wosqi using a linux command. I know its just one command and would rather uninstall it that way. Just want to make sure.

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    dont install the uberkernel unless you want it . i believe they put those original kernels in there for the very thing your are experimenting right now. people were having alot of trouble using the command line and fraking their phones lol . read what it says before you install it . it overwrites the kernel and thats it . if you have doubts just look for rwhitby in the forums mostly the threads about the different kernels , or just send him a personal message he may help you out.

http://forums.precentral.net/members/rwhitby.html
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    just to clarify, I want to remove the 800MHzos14.sh patch, not uberkernel... does anyone have the command line to do this... the original post has been removed.

I installed it fine, with no problems, it worked i loved it now I would like to instal uberkernel, because it also has all of the other patches that work with govnah.

Quote Originally Posted by kquaken View Post
    just to clarify, I want to remove the 800MHzos14.sh patch, not uberkernel... does anyone have the command line to do this... the original post has been removed.
    its not a patch, it is a kernel . and installing the pre kernel not the uber kernel will fix your issue lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    its not a patch, it is a kernel . and installing the pre kernel not the uber kernel will fix your issue lol
    The palm kernel may not change all the files from the old sh patch. He should use the uninstall procedure on this one.
    I will try to find the instructions.
    A trip to the doctor might also be useful if you have had it over multiple OTA updates.
    Just to clarify, I want to remove the 800MHzos14.sh patch, not uberkernel... does anyone have the command line to do this... the original post has been removed.

I installed it fine, with no problems, it worked I loved it now I would like to instal uberkernel, because it also has all of the other patches that work with govnah.
    ( kquaken )

( Rush's Response )
    Perform a webos doctor on the device, and put it back to a stock performance, clearing all patches,themes,and non stock kernel(s) Ps. Your pics and videos won't be affected though.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by rush; 07/19/2010 at 06:37 PM.
    Type this in the linux commandline
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

Note I still recommend a doctor after this. And the Palm kernel is not good enough on the old sh patches.
    if its at 720 change the 800 to 720 lol same goes for 600 . also instead of the doctor you can go to the repair utility , it will check your phone for any glitches and fix them with out having to redo all your patches and homebrew apps.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  11.    #11  
    sorry if im not being understood, but

Installing the pre kernel will not help it says in the information page of the pre kernel that it is not inteded to be used for removing any overclocking files, which I have done when I applied the 800MHzos14.sh kernel. I used a series of comand lines to install it and used a series of comand lines to uninstall it when 1.4.1 was released then used the same series of command lines to re-install it from this post which has been removed.

now, I am asking fro those particular set of comand lines and know that you know them because I have searched the aformentioned post and saw that you have helped on this subject before but BC it has been removed I can no longer access it.

I need the set of commands to remove the kernel so that I can install Uberkernel. All I am asking for are these command lines.

Quote Originally Posted by kquaken View Post
    sorry if im not being understood, but

Installing the pre kernel will not help it says in the information page of the pre kernel that it is not inteded to be used for removing any overclocking files, which I have done when I applied the 800MHzos14.sh kernel. I used a series of comand lines to install it and used a series of comand lines to uninstall it when 1.4.1 was released then used the same series of command lines to re-install it from this post which has been removed.

now, I am asking fro those particular set of comand lines and know that you know them because I have searched the aformentioned post and saw that you have helped on this subject before but BC it has been removed I can no longer access it.

I need the set of commands to remove the kernel so that I can install Uberkernel. All I am asking for are these command lines.
    See my post that is above.
    relax it'll be ok just read the above post lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  14.    #14  
    sorry, just a little frustrated, thanks for all of the help... ill give it a shot and let you know what happens

Thanks

15.    #15  
    PIP Smith, THANK YOU!!! that was what I was looking for.... I will sleep tonight.

I have a similar problem with the f105 kernel. I installed manually, but it gave an error and won't allow 1005 mHz. Now cannot remove, preware give error, and IDK the file location to use ipkg remove on it. Restoring to stock kernel didn't work. On a side note, though it shows in my apps, I can still use UK with f105 "installed." is it just me, or did that error mean f105 never installed? I tried the "proper" install through preware once I realized that is how I shoulda done it, hoping it would overwrite the bad "install", but no luck? Any suggestions other than doctor or repair utility?
    doctor
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    I have a similar problem with the f105 kernel. I installed manually, but it gave an error and won't allow 1005 mHz. Now cannot remove, preware give error, and IDK the file location to use ipkg remove on it. Restoring to stock kernel didn't work. On a side note, though it shows in my apps, I can still use UK with f105 "installed." is it just me, or did that error mean f105 never installed? I tried the "proper" install through preware once I realized that is how I shoulda done it, hoping it would overwrite the bad "install", but no luck? Any suggestions other than doctor or repair utility?
    Uninstall uber and retry the Palm recovery kernel. If that does not fix it then please report it to rwhitby.

Please let me know if it goes well.
    tried removing uk. Then install palm kernel. No help.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    tried removing uk. Then install palm kernel. No help.
    If your on irc then hit up rwhitby on that. Otherwise post in the f105 thread.
    I think the updated palm recovery kernel was supposed to deal with this issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast