1.    #1  
    ok i installed the blackbird kernal and upon restarting my device it entered bootloop. i have tryed putting it on charger with no avail. i can get it to usb mobe but the webos doctor will not recognize my pre. i have doctor on 3 comps and they all give me an error say "controllservice failed service removed" this is my last ditch effort before i break it and the laptop.lol i am a few hours away from calling asurrion and smashing this thing for a replacement
    Sorry about your luck, I did however read the article saying something to the effect that the SR-71 was not a good patch to put on(crashed buddy's phone). To be honest, I didn't even read the whole article, but did get enough out of it to remind myself not to install that patch. Being that I just recently broke my phone and got a replacement sent to me in the mail 2 days later..... that may be a solution for you. Not quite the restoration that I expected but close enough and with a little 1 on 1 chat with a Palm employee pretty much got my new phone back to the same state(a lot less scratched) than my original. Good luck
    You will need to Doctor your Phone. Pull the battery, and put it back on hold the volume up button and while holding it up turn your phone back on, you can now plug it into your computer to Doctor.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Remove the battery, install the wall charger, then install the battery. It will boot up normally, but don't remove the charger. Go to preware and remove the kernel. Everything back to normal. The only thing different is that all your apps are moved to one page. Better than doctoring your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sondo8 View Post
    Remove the battery, install the wall charger, then install the battery. It will boot up normally, but don't remove the charger. Go to preware and remove the kernel. Everything back to normal. The only thing different is that all your apps are moved to one page. Better than doctoring your phone.
    This did not work for me, I had to doctor.
  6.    #6  
    ok guys none of the charger methods work and as i said i can get to usb mde but doctor refuses the patient (wll nt recognize it).
    When you do as I sated do you see the USB symbol on the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyschriefer View Post
    ok i installed the blackbird kernal and upon restarting my device it entered bootloop. i have tryed putting it on charger with no avail. i can get it to usb mobe but the webos doctor will not recognize my pre. i have doctor on 3 comps and they all give me an error say "controllservice failed service removed" this is my last ditch effort before i break it and the laptop.lol i am a few hours away from calling asurrion and smashing this thing for a replacement
    You're all over the place man
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    you should have posted this in the blackbird thread so the dev's could help you out. starting a new thread isn't really necessary
    don't dr your phone. I had the same issue with the sr71 for like 4 hours, be paitent, just plug a wall charger to your pre and put the battery in, if it flickers a little bit on the palm logo it will not boot properly. If you get it to boot without the quick flickering on the logo, wait for about 2 mins, if it doesn't start to load the glowing palm then just cool ur phone down and do the same process and it should boot back to stock and remove the sr71 patch from preware.
  11.    #11  
    i give up. my pre will go into usb mode and show usb symbol. my doctor doesnt recognize it but i give up.... and i did post in the blackbird thread aswell. i was jus trying to fix my pre but i am gettin a droid from my aunto who got it and doesnt like it and imma get a replacement pre fri
    Can I have your old one then?
  13.    #13  
    no... it will be an insurance claim. i cant figure what wrong and all im getting is charge and put into usb mode and doctor but those will not work. thanks to all who have tried to help me. if you believe u can help me plz do so soon becuase if nt imma be out 85 bucks