Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I bartend at a hotel and I need a way to keep my connetion alive to the network.

Right now, I need to fire up the bowse and put in a pass code. If I am idle for a while though, it kicks me off and I won't know it until I try to do something.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    bump
    Do you know what the timeout is? Can you keep it alive with any traffic or does it have to be http traffic?

You could set your email to check every x minutes. If you have one of the weather apps, you could set it to update every x minutes. I would choose an update with at least 2 minutes ahead.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm not understanding the problem, but in case it might help, I suggest you try these steps:

First, on the Pre, open WiFi, tap Preferences>Sleep Settings>Keep WiFi On

Next, if your WiFi network does not broadcast the SSID, do this on the Pre while you are connected to the network:
    • Open WiFi and tap on the network name
    • Scroll down and tap on Forget Network
    • Go back to WiFi and tap +Join Network
    • Enter the settings manually, instead of letting the Pre connect to the network automatically.

Good luck.
    Try leaving the Yahoo Sports scoreboard open in a card with automatic refresh enabled. Worth a try.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Do you know what the timeout is? Can you keep it alive with any traffic or does it have to be http traffic?

You could set your email to check every x minutes. If you have one of the weather apps, you could set it to update every x minutes. I would choose an update with at least 2 minutes ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    Try leaving the Yahoo Sports scoreboard open in a card with automatic refresh enabled. Worth a try.
    Both of these might work... Thanks.

I'm open to more suggestions though.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Email settings isn't work, any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    bump
    No actually, the problem is with the router your Pre is connection to. I have the same problem with my linksys router. Unfortunately the router wasnt configured well enough to work with low power devices like phones, so whenever you stop using the connect, it terminates it until the phone tries to connect again. Ask your company to get one of those netgear routers...

Edit: Also, try setting it to "Keep WiFi On"