1.    #1  
    Trying to turn on my Mobile Hotspot, which I used just a few hours ago, and now I get a "No Sharing Service. Sharing an Internet connection required an addition to your mobile service plan. Contact your carrier for help." message. I'm really gonna be bummed if Verizon has disabled it. I just picked up this phone a few weeks ago, primarily because it was inexpensive on a 1-year contract, and it offered "free" mobile broadband.

Is anyone else getting this with the mobile hotspot? I'm hoping its just some kind of network hiccup.
    Turn off BT....
    I know that they were only offering for free for a while according to sales guy, said that as long as I never got rid of it I would be grandfathered in and never have to pay for it. At some time this service will be a pay service I imagine. I dont think that is your problem though as mine still works.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the quick reply. I double-check and Bluetooth is off.
    It happened to me once. your hotspot profile got corrupted. you just need to create new one. Put all the information back in, you'll be just fine after that. It happened to me once on most unfortunate moment, all of my iphone and android friends were every excited to see my Palm pre first time, and I wanted to show them how to use my Pre to tether one of my friend's Ipad. I got this message and I couldn't figure it out how to fix it. they all lost the interest on my Pre and we talked about Ipad instead . Such a simple fix, wish I knew it.
    Hmmm.. sorry that is what I saw if I had BT on and ran MHS.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Mine does that from time to time. I just retry and it works. The error never sticks.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    It happened to me once. your hotspot profile got corrupted. you just need to create new one. Put all the information back in, you'll be just fine after that. It happened to me once on most unfortunate moment, all of my iphone and android friends were every excited to see my Palm pre first time, and I wanted to show them how to use my Pre to tether one of my friend's Ipad. I got this message and I couldn't figure it out how to fix it. they all lost the interest on my Pre and we talked about Ipad instead . Such a simple fix, wish I knew it.

Phew, that fixed it. I really wasn't looking forward to trying to talk to Verizon support.
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad42 View Post
    Phew, that fixed it. I really wasn't looking forward to trying to talk to Verizon support.
    I am glad you fixed this issue. Like I said, it's extremely easy fix. Hopely you won't get this issue but even if it does, now you know

Happy surfing with your Pre!!!!