Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    What is the fastest way to reacquire a lost connection?

Sometimes I'll lose my connection for an extended period of time, because I'll be in a dead zone. (like in a subway, or in a certain part of a building) When I finally step out of the dead zone, sometime my connection is reacquired immediately, while other times it takes several minutes. Most often when the latter happens, I generally have to restart my phone, to have it "wake up" and look for a signal.

Is there a faster way?
    airplane mode, turn on and off.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Yes, unfortunately, I've tried that a couple times. Once quickly, and another being in airplane mode for a minute, then switching back. Both times didn't take.
    to reacquire a lost connection hmmmm.... Sometimes a few homemade choco chip cookies and a glass of cold milk can do the trick.
    You might try going to Phone -> Preferences -> Update Network Settings. Don't know if that will help, but it's worth a try.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    The best way is probably to do a Luna restart. It might not be the fastest but its faster than restarting the whole phone.
    Install the mega mix patch for the phone menu, and then pull down the menu, go to phone, and then turn off/on phone radio or data. Sometimes if you've lost your connection you will see that they are both off already. Turn them back on.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I open the phone app and hit ##evdo# and just tap save, it resets the connection and puts me back on EV.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Turning the radio off then on works for me.
    I use "Luna Manager" and just hit Rescan... usually only takes a second or two

can be found in preware.

"Winning is not a sometimes thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. ~Vince Lombardi
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I deal with it by turning the radio off as soon as I get into the subway, then on when I step out and it's instant. If I leave the radio on while I'm down there and the just fip it off/on when I come out it still takes a minute to connect.