Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    - use a tomtom or any other gps navigation system?
    - file transfer files via bluetooth?
    32 days, 14 hours, 13 minutes, and 7 seconds.
    never
    - I would imagine when you buy a tomtom
    Here's a link to get you started TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems

- Whenever you get something which has a bluetooth stack with a file transfer protocol, which will be quickly forgotten as bluetooth isn't as fast as a cable, or in any way what-so-ever secure. Maybe it's just me but when anyone can set their computer to read all bluetooth traffic and have the ability to hear all headset conversations and catch all contact transfers, I'm just a little leering about transferring files over it.
    I think your best bet is to bug NAVIGON they have four versions of thier mobile navigator and I use a standard car version, it's far better than Tom Tom.

So get in contact with them and remind them how easy it could be to port thier mobile version to the Palm platform and that there is no one making a standalone sat nav app for the Palm!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    there is no one making a standalone sat nav app for the Palm!
    I've been saying for ages that this is a very very stupid phone, yet I seem to be amongst the few here....

I miss my Treo650 so much you can't believe it
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I've been saying for ages that this is a very very stupid phone, yet I seem to be amongst the few here....

I miss my Treo650 so much you can't believe it
    the phone isnt stupid simply because there are no developers making a stand alone gps... thats just daft. It has a gps... the stand alone producers of navigation software are stupid for not making a port for webOS... right? youve got it backwards... palm doesnt control what developers decide to develop.
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Bluetooth keyboard support would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    - use a tomtom or any other gps navigation system?
    - file transfer files via bluetooth?
    +1

Been waiting for BT file transfer for a while now....
    +1 on the file transfer
  12.    #12  
    before making a product is my duty to know if 3rd parties will be able to make itat pair with others, the fact that this phone doesn't have a standalone gps and file transfer bluetooth makes it arguably the most stupidest phone around, unless you are comparing it to late 90's phones
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    AT&T Navigator works fine on it, so I don't know what your problem is. Tomtom used to make a product called Tomtom Navigator for the old PalmOS devices, and they abandoned it. If you want a real GPS, go with a standalone unit like a Garmin or Tomtom Go device which will have a larger screen and are dedicated GPS devices.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    AT&T Navigator works fine on it, so I don't know what your problem is.
    In your opinion if I could make use of AT&T or Sprint navigation systems would I be going on about it?

Really funny how you all guys defend this phone, it has its pros, but in some instances.... as I said, back to the nineties..........
    I agree that more connectivity would be nice as it was a pain moving my contacts from my old phone (Nokia 6300) to the Pre. I had to move contacts from my old sim to the old phone, insert new sim, move contacts back to sim, yawn...

In this day and age such tasks should be simpler, though I understand the security issues with BT. However denying the end user the choice of accepting the risks is a bit pants.

Overall, I love my Pre!
    My built-in nav system works great. This might explain the lack of 3rd party apps. The market would be limited. Not much money to be made.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    never
    Thanks a lot for your help

Anyway, just so you know, now the Pre has a standalone car navigation system: Navit

None of you knew that, did you????????????
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    never
    Thanks a lot all for your help

Anyway, just so you all know, now the Pre has a standalone car navigation system: Navit

Thanks a lot all for your help

Anyway, just so you all know, now the Pre has a standalone car navigation system: Navit

we do now thankyou

we can also deduce several other things from your incredibly polite comments.
  20.    #20  
    oh well, forgot to put a smiley face at the end of that, ooops

anyway, trying Navit now, can't compare with TomTom but it's a start I suppose
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast